Page 116 of 129 FirstFirst ... 114115116117118 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1284

Thread: Processing of SMC applications

Quote Originally Posted by Yanco View Post
    After almost 2 months with a case officer, today it is still waiting for NZPC. The support officer on the phone told me today that his can take up to 3 months. I'm getting so frustrated. Especially because the co had everything in the early stages to make a decision. And I'm seeing so many applications submitted after me being approved. And my visa is going to expire early December and I still didn't get my 6 months extension yet either.
    Did you get in touch with NZ Police to get the '3 month' timeframe corroborated? Doesn't sound like INZ is being honest to me.......

After almost 2 months with a case officer, today it is still waiting for NZPC. The support officer on the phone told me today that his can take up to 3 months. I'm getting so frustrated. Especially because the co had everything in the early stages to make a decision. And I'm seeing so many applications submitted after me being approved. And my visa is going to expire early December and I still didn't get my 6 months extension yet either.
    I had similar situation last week when my CO said they just requested NSC a couple weeks ago and it would take up to six months. I was struggling with this uncertainty but eventually changed my mind set and prepared to apply another work visa for a long wait.
    The day after they said they have received NSC result turning it to green light again . So maybe I am lucky but same thing could happen to you. Their timeframe looks bit conservative to me. I think you can let your CO know your current visa status and see what they can do or suggest.

Having said that, you probably should think about sorting your next visa or extension soon.

I try not to compare my case to others because everyone' situation is very different. After all a positive outcome is what we all really want.
    Last edited by areyouhappy; 20th October 2020 at 11:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EGoodhue View Post
    Did you get in touch with NZ Police to get the '3 month' timeframe corroborated? Doesn't sound like INZ is being honest to me.......
    I have contacted New Zealand Police and am awaiting their response.

Quote Originally Posted by areyouhappy View Post
    Having said that, you probably should think about sorting your next visa or extension soon.
    I'm on a partner of a worker work visa and am eligible for an automatic 6 months extension which was announced 2 months ago. So it's something INZ has to sort again, not me. I've raised it on Friday to a support officer that I did not receive the extension yet, and he confirmed that I was eligible and he was going to put a note on my file to get it sorted.

I'm on a partner of a worker work visa and am eligible for an automatic 6 months extension which was announced 2 months ago. So it's something INZ has to sort again, not me. I've raised it on Friday to a support officer that I did not receive the extension yet, and he confirmed that I was eligible and he was going to put a note on my file to get it sorted.
    Just to be aware: INZ has an internal issue and they are manually having to sort the "automatic" extensions. My partner cannot work because he was due to be extended on 25 September - and it still isn't done. My CO won't work on my application further (and yet, kind of is - requested info from ACRO) because technically he's here illegally.

It has been one hell of a week...

I have contacted New Zealand Police and am awaiting their response.
    @Yanco, did you hear anything from NZ Police? I contacted INZ contact centre today and they said NZPC normally takes 20 working days to complete but the timeframe might have changed due to covid situation. Checked on NZ Police Vetting FAQ page and it states the same that most applications are completed within 20 working days. Ref: https://www.police.govt.nz/advice-se...g/vetting-faqs

I thought NZ police checks were applied for when they receive your application..

Quote Originally Posted by claire22 View Post
    I thought NZ police checks were applied for when they receive your application..
    In an ideal world, yes. Whereas sometimes no-one notices the case needs this till later in processing. Frustrating, but it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by JHadders View Post
    Just to be aware: INZ has an internal issue and they are manually having to sort the "automatic" extensions. My partner cannot work because he was due to be extended on 25 September - and it still isn't done. My CO won't work on my application further (and yet, kind of is - requested info from ACRO) because technically he's here illegally.

It has been one hell of a week...
    I am aware of this issue which is absolutely horrible for people like you. I hope they will sort your partner's work visa soon.

I've escalated this last Friday via the support call center and confirmed on Monday via email that this has been escalated. INZ informed that this will still take 2 weeks after escalation to get the extension sorted. After a week I have not received it yet, so will wait another week.

Quote Originally Posted by garima21 View Post
    @Yanco, did you hear anything from NZ Police? I contacted INZ contact centre today and they said NZPC normally takes 20 working days to complete but the timeframe might have changed due to covid situation. Checked on NZ Police Vetting FAQ page and it states the same that most applications are completed within 20 working days. Ref: https://www.police.govt.nz/advice-se...g/vetting-faqs
    NZ police was not much of a help to be honest. However, INZ received my certificate on Monday and my partner's on Thursday and today my CO finalized my application and it is now in the 2PC queue. Wonderful news to start the long weekend with.

Page 116 of 129 FirstFirst ... 114115116117118 ... LastLast