Page 117 of 129 FirstFirst ... 115116117118119 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 1284

Thread: Processing of SMC applications

Quote Originally Posted by claire22 View Post
    I thought NZ police checks were applied for when they receive your application..
    The process has since changed. NZPC's are currently taking approximately 30 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Yanco View Post
    NZ police was not much of a help to be honest. However, INZ received my certificate on Monday and my partner's on Thursday and today my CO finalized my application and it is now in the 2PC queue. Wonderful news to start the long weekend with.
    Welcome to 2pc queue and join with me, currently it takes 3-4 weeks as far as I know.

Hey!! I’m an early May applicant, I’ve been asked to up date my info by immigration.. 12months payslips and ird summary! Is this normal before you get a case officer??

Possibly. In normal times, every case is looked over by clerks, to make sure it looks as though the applicant is entitled, by what they've said, to the points they're claiming, and that each point is supported by evidence. This ensures that when it's eventually allocated, the CO doesn't have to waste time asking for missing bits of evidence, before s/he gets down to verifying everything.

So maybe, things having been disrupted by the lockdown, they could only just have got round to doing that, though your case was lodged six months ago.

On the other hand, maybe your case has been allocated, and the CO is asking for this evidence so s/he can see your up-to-date situation.

In either case, something is moving, so good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Possibly. In normal times, every case is looked over by clerks, to make sure it looks as though the applicant is entitled, by what they've said, to the points they're claiming, and that each point is supported by evidence. This ensures that when it's eventually allocated, the CO doesn't have to waste time asking for missing bits of evidence, before s/he gets down to verifying everything.

So maybe, things having been disrupted by the lockdown, they could only just have got round to doing that, though your case was lodged six months ago.

On the other hand, maybe your case has been allocated, and the CO is asking for this evidence so s/he can see your up-to-date situation.

In either case, something is moving, so good luck!
    This email is sent to many people who lodged May 2019. They asked everyone to send 12 months payslips and IRD sumamry plus relationship evidence if partner included.

I am 23rd may lodgement but haven't got this email. Not sure if its sent to some selected range of people or whats criteria.

Thank you for the extra information.

There's been a few people on the migrants NZ Facebook group receiving this. It would appear that they have worked out that 20 month old evidence probably needs topping up and every CO is probably just asking for the same stuff on every application now they are looking at them. It makes sense to request the evidence in anticipation for looking at the application but I do find it strange they are asking people to email the documentation through as that won't be certified copies of the documents they say they need to most.

Quote Originally Posted by Tariq Shahzad View Post
    In my case, 4th week started today- let’s see
    Is your application still in the 2PC queue?

Today I saw on the Facebook group that another application was approved only 2 weeks after co allocation and quality check only took 1 day.

This really frustrates me. What warrants this application to be looked at in the quality queue before mine and all other applications that have been in that queue for a longer time??

My application now has been with a case officer for 2 months now, still waiting.
    Last edited by Yanco; 4th November 2020 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yanco View Post
    Is your application still in the 2PC queue?

Today I saw on the Facebook group that another application was approved only 2 weeks after co allocation and quality check only took 1 day.

This really frustrates me. What warrants this application to be looked at in the quality queue before mine and all other applications that have been in that queue for a longer time??

My application now has been with a case officer for 2 months now, still waiting.
    I was surprised to read that too, 2PC check in a day.
    I got case officer on 16 October 2020 and was send to 2PC check on 3 November 2020, this is 11 working days after allocation. Best wishes to your case. Hope it gets processed soon.

A reason could potentially be that applications are provided to different officers for 2PC, depending on job industry. Hence there could be a longer queue for some application if within same job industry. This is just my guess. I have no idea how it is processed there.
    Last edited by VedSaumya; 5th November 2020 at 09:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by VedSaumya View Post
    I was surprised to read that too, 2PC check in a day.
    I got case officer on 16 October 2020 and was send to 2PC check on 3 November 2020, this is 11 working days after allocation. Best wishes to your case. Hope it gets processed soon.

A reason could potentially be that applications are provided to different officers for 2PC, depending on job industry. Hence there could be a longer queue for some application if within same job industry. This is just my guess. I have no idea how it is processed there.
    @VedSaumya - If I can ask, have you claimed points for your previous overseas experience? Thank you.

Page 117 of 129 FirstFirst ... 115116117118119 ... LastLast