Page 21 of 129 FirstFirst ... 1920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Processing of SMC applications

Quote Originally Posted by Frankgo View Post
    Hi Everyone

I've just called immigration because I am going on leave soon and I wanted to let them know that I'll not be around for a while.

I also took the opportunity to ask a few questions on what's going on.

The CS representative has confirmed that basically they have way more applications that what they are able to handle. I asked her what is the plan from INZ to sort this out and she said that they are hiring and training more people (COs).

They also told me that I could expect to get a CO during the next month, although I don't know if I should believe that...

I explained to her that my main concern is that they tell us to refer to the timelines online, but those timelines has been increasing every time they are published. She said that that is a reflection of what is going on with the number of applications vs the numbers of COs.

I also told her that is very unsatisfactory that we don't have any official communication from INZ on regards of what is going on and where is this going, that I would like to talk with a Manager and ask for feedback on these problems. She suggested that I could fill a complaint or I could send feedback thru the website.

Also I asked her what dates are the applications being allocated to COs but she couldn't say, she didn't had that information. She said that December/January most likely. I don't know if I should believe that as well.

I am not going to pursue an complaint with the Ombudsman after the official reply that I got on FYI to my request of information, as I think it will only bring me more stress and no answers. If anyone wants to take the lead and use my request for information as a standing point for further complaints feel free to use it. If you are planning to make a collective complaint count me in.
    Frankgo,
    Thanks for the effort and updates.

Hello everyone. I see you are busy with more serious questions, so forgive me for asking such dumb things =) I've noticed you see your application with status 'pending' but I just see 'documents received'. Will it change in the future, or it has to be 'pending' from the moment they receive documents? Hope it will make your day better, all the best.

I think you'll see 'pending' once your application is lodged in the system. Though there's a wait for lodgement, it will be given the date when your application arrived with INZ.

Thank you JandM. It seems to be there for almost 3 month . On the phone they told me the lodged date July 31...

Hi Guys, any idea what CO check with previous employer.

Usually, I think, this will be the start date, end date, hours worked (at least 30 hours per week count for full-time employment), details of exactly what your responsibilities were, and what qualified you to be given the job.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Usually, I think, this will be the start date, end date, hours worked (at least 30 hours per week count for full-time employment), details of exactly what your responsibilities were, and what qualified you to be given the job.
    Hi JandM.

Would the CO ask for these details even if I did not claim any points for past experience, or skilled experience?

Quote Originally Posted by areddy View Post
    Hi JandM.

Would the CO ask for these details even if I did not claim any points for past experience, or skilled experience?
    i think we cannot predict what CO can do. One of my mates applied for residency and his CO interviewed his assistant manager and his chef and his LIA was like it is so unexpected to happen

Quote Originally Posted by areddy View Post
    Hi JandM.

No, that's MOST unlikely. The COs have got plenty of work to do with checking evidence for points people ARE claiming, without going into things that are irrelevant.

Hi my question is to jand M please let me what happened after providing pay slip and bank statement for an initial assessment and case officer replied in email i should be able to recommendation on today what does is mean will it go to 2 pc or any aother thanks in advance

Page 21 of 129 FirstFirst ... 1920212223 ... LastLast