Page 3 of 129 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Processing of SMC applications

Quote Originally Posted by cwal10 View Post
    Is it normal for them not to reply to an email that we sent them over 3 weeks ago?
    I guess the basis of my answer to your question relates to the difference between what is "normal" and what should be happening in a system designed to work efficiently. Unfortunately, it's common for applicants to go weeks without hearing anything from their Immigration Officer - as to whether it's acceptable, in my humble opinion, for you to have not received a reply to an email you sent over 3 weeks ago...absolutely not! This wouldn't be an acceptable standard of customer service in any privately-run, corporate business, and I don't think it's acceptable for a government employee to act in this way either. Immigration Officers are employed in customer service roles - this is made explicitly clear to people when they apply for the job and is what INZ's recruitment process revolves around (or at least it used to!) - only people who are interested in providing excellent customer service to clients should be working as an Immigration Officer. And I don't think ignoring a client's email for 3 weeks passes as excellent customer service.

If you want to let me know the name of your Immigration Officer via private message, I can let you know the details of their manager so that their poor level of service can be flagged up to those responsible for managing their performance (I used to be an Immigration Officer and then an Immigration Manager myself 4 years ago and an instance of a staff member ignoring an email for 3 weeks would never have been accepted then - I highly doubt things have changed so much that this would be acceptable now).

How do I private message you? Sorry.
    Just in case I’m been silly here are the dates of emails.
    21st May email to say they were our officer.
    29th May all document we had we emailed, but still waiting on a few.
    6th June emailed IRD information.
    10th June received email to say they had received stuff so far and now just waiting on UK tax information.
    29th June emailed UK tax information and asked to let us know if this was what they wanted and to confirm they received it.
    2nd July emailed asking to confirm they had received information.
    9th July emailed asking to confirm they had received information.

Still not heard anything. I also asked on 6th June for them to send sons birth certificate back and have not received it.
    Don’t want to get them into trouble if it will affect our application.

Thanks

You need to make a total of five posts on any thread(s) - one word posts on this one will do if there is nothing else you want to say particularly - then the forum will automatically, after about twenty minutes, switch on your permission to send PMs. At that point, one way to PM is to click on someone's username above one of their posts, and PMing will be one of the options in the drop-down box which will appear.

For information, every CO is working about 100 cases in rotation. Information coming in will go into the relevant file where it is waiting in the queue for its next turn for the CO's attention. S/He won't see the new additions till the file works its way up the queue in order, so not getting an immediate response is not unusual, or anything to be worried about. That said, you certainly should get an answer soon now, unless e.g. the CO has been unwell, or has gone on leave.

Wonder if the INZ has moved forward in the SMC queue. If it takes them 1 week to process 1 day's application, I'll wait for another year?... too scary to think about

Quote Originally Posted by C.C. View Post
    Wonder if the INZ has moved forward in the SMC queue. If it takes them 1 week to process 1 day's application, I'll wait for another year?... too scary to think about
    A combination of employees leaving, new starters who don't know the ropes coming aboard, and a massive underlying political agenda to essentially stop immigration without actually "saying" it - we are ALL in for a rough ride. New Zealand is going through a lot of changes.

Quote Originally Posted by C.C. View Post
    The last couple of weeks, I've only seen these "fast track" SMC applications being processed within a month from allocation date. Maybe they have put all other applications "on hold" and are only working on high priority applications to meet their numbers? (I believe too many work visas were granted and they were actually trying to cut back the number of work visas issued, maybe "delaying" all applications is their way of cutting back annual numbers...)
    Last edited by Yanco; 16th July 2019 at 11:48 AM.

When you say you've "only seen", are you basing that on what people say here? Because there must be hundreds of thousands of people with applications in who have never heard of this forum.

I don't believe there is a conspiracy within INZ. EGoodhue has told us that there is definitely a Code of Conduct for INZ. Politicians can change the regulations and quotas, and that would have to be done publicly so everyone would know about it, or they can impose and push through organizational change leading to chaos (as we have all seen very plainly this year), but INZ COs can't decide to or be told to act against the rules of their service. I think what we're seeing is a very hard-pressed organization trying to ease the pressure on themselves by, in some offices on certain days, cherry-picking cases that are "easy", with clear-cut evidence, or which are repeat visas (such as second partner-sponsored work ones) where the proof has already been investigated. Of course, this is unfair if going by the date-order queue system, but I can imagine the relief that must be felt when an office sees the queue diminish by 10% or 20%.

So I finally got through to the Contact Centre for an update.
    Apparently our case officer is still waiting on our UK tax information to be sent to them. I emailed them this on the 20th June and requested that they confirmed that they had it, as well as emailing twice since then asking for a confirmation. Typically case officer isn't in today so they said that they would email them asking for them to make contact and to wait 2 days for this!
    I must admit I am a bit annoyed about this. They've had our information for a month and are just sitting on it. Hopefully we will hear something soon

Hi Thank you for sharing this. I have a concern with my application I have typographical errors such like the last name of my employer on my eoi and made a mistake instead of putting full time work i put part time? is this going to affect my application?

You can call up your EOI online and correct it. Or if you submitted a paper form, you can write in with the proper information, giving all your details, and when you submitted, to what office.

It is VERY important that everything you submit to INZ is entirely accurate. An application is the equivalent of a legal document, and submitting it is like signing to say that everything on it is the truth. What ISN'T the truth can be assumed to be fraud.

Quite apart from that, how can a CO tell whether you meet the regulations if s/he has the wrong information? S/He tries to check with Mr XYZ if you worked there, and the details of your employment, and gets no answer because there is no Mr XYZ and the place really belongs to Mr ABC! You have claimed points for x number of years of work - as you've put part-time, you will only be allowed a fraction of the points as you would if you had put full-time. These things can lead to the application being refused.

Page 3 of 129 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast