Page 32 of 129 FirstFirst ... 3031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Processing of SMC applications

I know it's not SMC related, but just when you thought INZ couldn't do anything worse this happens:

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/...rs-with-delays

So if you run out visa don't worry about it, just stick around and they might not notice. This is a new low for them.

Good grief...

Hi Everyone, I am currently in a different forum thread to this one but came into this to see if I could get any update on SMC. My application was lodged on 11th December 2018 and the money was deducted in January this year. We have yet to be allocated a Case Officer to assess our application. I have been told that they have reached 11/12/18 applications to allocate in the Manukau branch but we have not heard anything yet. Feel like I am wasting everyone's time when I call the call centre because I am always told the same thing with no-one having idea of when we will be allocated. I am consistently told the application is in the "que" to be allocated but they can't tell me if we are at the front, middle or back of this "que". Very frustrating.
    Last edited by Lara18; 2nd December 2019 at 03:18 PM.

Hello everyone, Just a general questions regarding Partnership category.

I applied for SMC residncy in may 2019 but there is no CO allocation on my case. From the updates I got on other thread INZ is still allocating applications from December 2018 which means it may take another 4-5 months or more for allocation of my applicaiton.

So here is my scenario, last year around December I got into a Defacto relationship and updated INZ with my EOI and SMC application about this. At that time I thought rather than waiting for 1 year to apply with partnership category its good to do my residency case through SMC but now it looks like a wrong decision.

Now as I am eligible to apply for residency under partnership category as its been 12 months, so what would you all suggest?

Please share whats your opinion about this...

1. Should I change my ESV to partnership visa and apply for residency under partnership or should I wait for SMC decision?

2. Also whats current wait times for partnership visa and partnership residency .. is it same as SMC or better

Many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ranjittoor View Post
    Hello everyone, Just a general questions regarding Partnership category.

I applied for SMC residncy in may 2019 but there is no CO allocation on my case. From the updates I got on other thread INZ is still allocating applications from December 2018 which means it may take another 4-5 months or more for allocation of my applicaiton.

So here is my scenario, last year around December I got into a Defacto relationship and updated INZ with my EOI and SMC application about this. At that time I thought rather than waiting for 1 year to apply with partnership category its good to do my residency case through SMC but now it looks like a wrong decision.

Now as I am eligible to apply for residency under partnership category as its been 12 months, so what would you all suggest?

Please share whats your opinion about this...

1. Should I change my ESV to partnership visa and apply for residency under partnership or should I wait for SMC decision?

2. Also whats current wait times for partnership visa and partnership residency .. is it same as SMC or better

Many thanks
    It's entirely up to you but INZ is saying 90% of applications will be completed within 10 months, so I'm not sure you'd be any better off. If you do need another temporary visa it would make sense to get a partnership work visa to tide you over until your SMC is done. Then at least you can change jobs. From my point of view, it would seem like a waste of money since your SMC won't be refunded in circumstances of just changing your mind.

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...pplication-fee

Does anyone know Chris Faafoi? Just asking for a friend 😂😂😂

https://i.stuff.co.nz/national/polit...jason-kerrison

yet another example of somebody with power thinking that they do not have to follow the rules as us ‘normal folk’
    Fingers crossed he gets struck off

Also @deverett - I am speaking with Gill at RNZ on Monday morning. Any points you want me to get across?

Quote Originally Posted by robbo1234 View Post
    yet another example of somebody with power thinking that they do not have to follow the rules as us ‘normal folk’
    Fingers crossed he gets struck off

Also @deverett - I am speaking with Gill at RNZ on Monday morning. Any points you want me to get across?
    I think the general points we all complain about on here about covers it. Maybe mention it's deviating from process and not transparent. I mentioned in the other thread that my girlfriend actually already got interviewed by Gill a few weeks back. We are the British couple mentioned in her last SMC article about the backlog. She has contact details for us and Erin and I think the number of articles she's written about INZ she already knows the deal. The only real developments since we talked to her are:

we now know they are deviating from official process (A16.1 information in Erin's ombubdsman complaint).
    The government is now deciding next year's quota with thousands still on hold.
    A new FOI release confirms it is still going on.

Beyond that it's all personal stories, she has ours already but worth mentioning those that are on anti anxiety meds or delaying having families because of this.

Also just so you know as it caught my girlfriend off guard, she will likely record your conversation and that recording may be played back on RNZ. We didn't realise and she wasn't prepared, we only found out when a guy at work told her the next day.

Hi All,
    When NZ immigration office re-open on Jan 2020?

Thanks.

Back on 3rd Jan
    https://www.immigration.govt.nz/know...-question-3593

Page 32 of 129 FirstFirst ... 3031323334 ... LastLast