Page 56 of 129 FirstFirst ... 5455565758 ... LastLast

Thread: Processing of SMC applications

Quote Originally Posted by Yanco View Post
    I just noticed this page has updated two days ago: https://www.immigration.govt.nz/abou...me-information

As of 18 March 2020, INZ is allocating:

non-prioritised SMC and Residence from Work applications received in December 2018, and
    prioritised SMC and Residence from Work applications received in November 2019.
    This is rather conflicting if compared against the timeline of my application for the Talent Resident Visa. My application was lodged on the 23 Dec 2019 (which is later than November 2019) and was approved on the 25th February 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Keatex1 View Post
    This is rather conflicting if compared against the timeline of my application for the Talent Resident Visa. My application was lodged on the 23 Dec 2019 (which is later than November 2019) and was approved on the 25th February 2020.
    The removal of Talent Residence applications from the priority criteria happened on 24 Feb, so your application was probably one of the lucky last to get through as a priority case.

Quote Originally Posted by EGoodhue View Post
    The removal of Talent Residence applications from the priority criteria happened on 24 Feb, so your application was probably one of the lucky last to get through as a priority case.
    As my application in the normal queue is lodged in February 2018. I'm still very anxious. However, I do realise we're in a good position now once it starts moving again. I can imagine this must be so disheartening for residence from work applications that just committed to 2 years working in NZ to then realise they will be put in a 15 months long backlog... oh wait not a backlog.. queue.

Please notice, everyone - I've moved the last few posts, which are directly concerned with the situation during the virus measures, over to the new sub-forum. The idea is that any information anyone discovers will all be available in the same place. Please post anything about the unusual situation over there, not here.

Hi Guys,
    ItÂ’s very stressful situation.... I have been waiting on my file decision from last 25 months. ItÂ’s 4th whoÂ’s accessing my file. I have no more patience left. Already lost all my money paid to the lawyerÂ’s due to their invalid concerns. Even though INZ donÂ’t stick on their own words.
    I have already received 2 PPIÂ’s which raised by COÂ’s when CO changes they raised another PPI and disregarded last one.
    My employer is also fed up by replying to INZ every after 2 months. He already refused to give any information to my current CO coz theyÂ’ve already got every information but theyÂ’re asking same information again n again.
    Why they doing this? They just Playing with our lifeÂ’s.
    Moreover, After lockdown finishes iÂ’m expecting same reply from CO they still accessing the file....... which gonna take another year.

I wish they would just stop prioritising any SMC application. The normal applications at the end of the queue are now 17 months old without case officer. Then processing by a case officer can take another 6 months or even more.

Just put all the applications in the same queue ordered by date and each time a case officer takes on a new application, take the oldest one.

This would help put so many people's mind at ease.

any info on the processing of the paper applications SMC JSV to RV ?? Waiting to hear back from the immigration .

There has been word that some (not all) of the INZ staff are back at work, so that paper applications are again being looked at. There is no way to tell when yours will be one. That will depend on which office it is in, which staff are back at their desks, and what they have been directed to concentrate on.

Angry

Can anyone know seriously why on earth they don't work?

INZ is still looking at December 2018 cases for residency means zero movement. I've lodged my application Mar 19 so its really getting frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by claire77 View Post
    Can anyone know seriously why on earth they don't work?

INZ is still looking at December 2018 cases for residency means zero movement. I've lodged my application Mar 19 so its really getting frustrating.
    It took them 12 months to move 2 weeks forward in their backlog.

Page 56 of 129 FirstFirst ... 5455565758 ... LastLast