Page 79 of 129 FirstFirst ... 7778798081 ... LastLast

Thread: Processing of SMC applications

INZ updated their data explorer information today and I can't work out what the hell they did. Apparently SMC queue has reduced by 220, yet they processed 600 applications and received 1600. So on the face of it hooray they SMC queue has gone down in June, quite how though is anybody's guess.

Quote Originally Posted by deverett View Post
    INZ updated their data explorer information today and I can't work out what the hell they did. Apparently SMC queue has reduced by 220, yet they processed 600 applications and received 1600. So on the face of it hooray they SMC queue has gone down in June, quite how though is anybody's guess.
    HI Deverett,

As per the data there, they've approved 1443 in June, and rejected 57 just in the SMC category.

This is inline to the applications they've processed last year. Hope they continue this trend of processing 1500 applications a month.

At this pace, my application would reach them in 10 months, but when they add in WTP applications into the mix, it might stretch beyond that.

And here is the bummer, they did receive 3672 new SMC applications in June alone, apart from the 1086 application they've received in May. The demand is still going up despite the processing delays.
    Last edited by ag; 13th July 2020 at 08:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by areddy View Post
    HI Deverett,

As per the data there, they've approved 1443 in June, and rejected 57 just in the SMC category.

This is inline to the applications they've processed last year. Hope they continue this trend of processing 1500 applications a month.

At this pace, my application would reach them in 10 months, but when they add in WTP applications into the mix, it might stretch beyond that.

And here is the bummer, they did receive 3672 new SMC applications in June alone, apart from the 1086 application they've received in May. The demand is still going up despite the processing delays.
    But the numbers dont add up. is it just me but you would think:

Applications on hand at the end of May - 14664
    plus new applications from June- 1671
    Take out the decided applications from June - 630

that makes 15705, but they say they have 14424 on hand, so they have 1281 less than the numbers would suggest. I've pulled older numbers and it averages out at around 2.5% out, I'm guessing months like this month when they have less there's probably been withdrawn applications for those that lost their jobs or opted to walk away from the situation, but last month they acquired 1794 new applications from somewhere, those numbers I'm struggling to explain away.

This one says 1443 SMC applications were approved. Not sure why it shows up with different values for you.

Screenshot 2020-07-13 at 8.30.28 PM.jpg

This one says 1443 SMC applications were approved. Not sure why it shows up with different values for you.

Screenshot 2020-07-13 at 8.30.28 PM.jpg
    I did get that but I'm talking applications not people, if you change applicant type to primary application it comes back with 603 approvals. I''m just saying if you have X on hand at the end of a month, then the next month add the new ones and remove the ones you've done then numbers should balance to a reasonable degree with what is on hand at the end of the next month, but they don;t they are wildly out in both directions, so this month they are stating they have 16779 on hand but is should be close to 18174. Last month they had 16800 on hand in their data and the maths says it should be 14952. This month the lower reported number could be those that have withdrawn their applications as they would not be approved or declined so would probably just vanish from the stats all together, but finding 1848 extras last month just doesn't add up, where did they come from if they weren't counted under the accepted stats?

Quote Originally Posted by deverett View Post
    I did get that but I'm talking applications not people, if you change applicant type to primary application it comes back with 603 approvals. I''m just saying if you have X on hand at the end of a month, then the next month add the new ones and remove the ones you've done then numbers should balance to a reasonable degree with what is on hand at the end of the next month, but they don;t they are wildly out in both directions, so this month they are stating they have 16779 on hand but is should be close to 18174. Last month they had 16800 on hand in their data and the maths says it should be 14952. This month the lower reported number could be those that have withdrawn their applications as they would not be approved or declined so would probably just vanish from the stats all together, but finding 1848 extras last month just doesn't add up, where did they come from if they weren't counted under the accepted stats?
    Yup, just realised where I was getting it wrong.
    And now, I'm in the same spot you are. No idea where that variance is creeping in from.

The only positive is that they are hitting the last years monthly peak application processing numbers. Only time will reveal if they will maintain those numbers over the next few months, which I doubt they will. They could hand pick easy ones saying high renumeration and professional registration req. Now they would be facing the typical applications.
    Last edited by ag; 13th July 2020 at 10:21 PM.

Yup, just realised where I was getting it wrong.
    And now, I'm in the same spot you are. No idea where that variance is creeping in from.

The only positive is that they are hitting the last years monthly peak application processing numbers. Only time will reveal if they will maintain those numbers over the next few months, which I doubt they will. They could hand pick easy ones saying high renumeration and professional registration req. Now they would be facing the typical applications.
    It just doesn't add up to me, I know there will be some factors I'm unaware of such as withdrawals but I can't think of a scenario that would add almost 2000 applications in to the on hand pile.

The numbers I've run are very unsettling reading, especially when you compare applications in vs their processing capabilities, the best month they had was May when they only received 105.52% of their capacity in applications but they had very few applications in presumably due to lock down (Junes applications compensated for it as their busiest month ever), remove that month and the next best figure is 131.42% back in October 2018, their worst month was February 2020 where they received 350.87% of what they managed to process. So since July 2018 this has only become worse each month, they don;t stand a chance. The next couple of months numbers will be very telling as I would anticipate slowing of SMC applications to below average as there is no EOIs being selected and they in theory should finally exhaust the priority queue that rumour has it they are now in to the June applications from, that should finally eat in to the old queue, even then at average processing capacity for FY 19/20 it will take 24.5 months to get up to gate with those on hand at the end of June.

Since July 2018 on average (excluding April this year as they reported 0):
    -They process 693 applications a month
    -They receive 1284 applications a month
    -The queue increases by 602 applications a month
    -They received 197% of their processing capacity in new applications

Since July 2019 on average (excluding April this year as they reported 0):
    -They process 683 applications a month
    -They receive 1539 applications a month
    -The queue increases by 774 applications a month
    -They received 239% of their processing capacity in new applications

https://www.parliament.nz/en/pb/peti...log-of-skilled

Hope we have all shared & signed this petition for SMC backlogs. It closes this Sunday

Hi does anyone have a escalation email adress from the manukau smc team ? The principal of my wife wants to as directly.

My application underwent 2PC and has gone back to my Immigration Officer on June 22. No movements since then. Is this normal?

I sent my CO 3 emails asking for an update, but never got a response. I thought that once my application goes to 2PC it will be processed pretty quickly, apparently I'm wrong.

Page 79 of 129 FirstFirst ... 7778798081 ... LastLast