Page 91 of 112 FirstFirst ... 8990919293 ... LastLast

Thread: Processing of SMC applications

Quote Originally Posted by robbo1234 View Post
    Non-priority hasn't moved in over 2 weeks
    If they keep allocating 10-12 applications a week, then I am not expecting it to move for another 5 weeks (as on an average per day lodgements are 50-90). So if you do some Maths here you would know why it's not moving and would not expect it to get any better.

I have my application lodged in Aug 2019, so an endless wait.........

The good thing is, they moved forward in the priority queue from 20/02 to 08/06 in about a month (obviously the lockdown period is calculated in but they started lodging applications in May already).

Quote Originally Posted by Yanco View Post
    The good thing is, they moved forward in the priority queue from 20/02 to 08/06 in about a month (obviously the lockdown period is calculated in but they started lodging applications in May already).
    The problem is not the priority queue according to me, I feel it's the direction given to them and they are doing exactly the same. Imagine the same organization used to process 30,000 SMC in a year back in 2014-15 and this year (Jun 2019-Jul 2020), they have worked on only 11,000 Applications (predominantly priority queue, which doesn't take much time anyway, so what has gone so wrong that the efficiency is reduced by 65-70%?. In one word it's the politics

Does anyone know how many non-priority applications are left in the queue to be allocated between 20 December 2018 and February 2019? I can't find any information request that answers this question.

I could only find this one, which is quite relevant, but it seems to take a lot of time to get an answer. https://fyi.org.nz/request/13017-tot...priority-queue
    Yanco, where do you get this information from as our application was lodged on the 2nd of June in the priority queue and has yet to have a CO assigned?

Update from this morning:

The oldest application in the non-priority queue is currently dated the 21 December 2018.

The oldest application in the priority queue is currently dated 08 June 2020.
    Sorry above question is in relation to this post

Quote Originally Posted by abennett92 View Post
    Yanco, where do you get this information from as our application was lodged on the 2nd of June in the priority queue and has yet to have a CO assigned?
    I got an e-mail from a Technical Advisor from the Manukau branch this morning.

Yes I agree. It is not affected by priority applications at all, they are just doing this priority to keep processing times in frame and not go out of hand. They have purposely stopped processing the files due to politics.

Last year I was a part of struggle of getting my partner her visa to come to nz. We waitied for almost 1 year before just being allocated to a case officer after all the protests and news articles which only used to take 1 months earlier. Imagine 1 year wait for just a visitor visa allocation without any covid reasons last year and there were thousands like me. They had purposely stopped processing those files without any reason given and changing the rules midway. After the protests and intervention from jacinda, they started clearing those patnership visas in weeks. If they can do such level of politics in Partnership visa last year, this is was they are doing with SMC currently

They can easily clear all the SMC backlog in the next 6 months if they want to. They just need directions from higher authority to start processing rather clear a backlog. I am assuming nothing is happening till elections, only expect changes/normal processing after that.

Quote Originally Posted by satty02 View Post
    The problem is not the priority queue according to me, I feel it's the direction given to them and they are doing exactly the same. Imagine the same organization used to process 30,000 SMC in a year back in 2014-15 and this year (Jun 2019-Jul 2020), they have worked on only 11,000 Applications (predominantly priority queue, which doesn't take much time anyway, so what has gone so wrong that the efficiency is reduced by 65-70%?. In one word it's the politics
    Hmm. I believe they reduced the Case Officers, and got rid of a few branches (to improve operational efficiency, in their terms). I believe this is the same information they will be giving to the ombudsman.

I believe this was done by the present Govt, but I'm not really sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocki View Post
    Yes I agree. It is not affected by priority applications at all, they are just doing this priority to keep processing times in frame and not go out of hand. They have purposely stopped processing the files due to politics.

Last year I was a part of struggle of getting my partner her visa to come to nz. We waitied for almost 1 year before just being allocated to a case officer after all the protests and news articles which only used to take 1 months earlier. Imagine 1 year wait for just a visitor visa allocation without any covid reasons last year and there were thousands like me. They had purposely stopped processing those files without any reason given and changing the rules midway. After the protests and intervention from jacinda, they started clearing those patnership visas in weeks. If they can do such level of politics in Partnership visa last year, this is was they are doing with SMC currently

They can easily clear all the SMC backlog in the next 6 months if they want to. They just need directions from higher authority to start processing rather clear a backlog. I am assuming nothing is happening till elections, only expect changes/normal processing after that.
    i don't want to spread pessimism, but lots of Kiwis/residents settled overseas are returning back or planning to be back in next few months. 30,000 of them have returned back so far and lot more coming soon. Obviously, situation has changed now and the only hope is the vaccine, otherwise if the covid thingy keeps going, i don't see any hope of normal processing any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by desilva View Post
    i don't want to spread pessimism, but lots of Kiwis/residents settled overseas are returning back or planning to be back in next few months. 30,000 of them have returned back so far and lot more coming soon. Obviously, situation has changed now and the only hope is the vaccine, otherwise if the covid thingy keeps going, i don't see any hope of normal processing any time soon.
    I understand that then they can refund our money and be done about it, the only part I am really not happy is to keep us in dark and use our money to give us nothing in return.

Page 91 of 112 FirstFirst ... 8990919293 ... LastLast