Page 34 of 129 FirstFirst ... 3233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Processing of SMC applications

Congratulations! Juniper! What a good piece of news!
    Such a supportive boss!

Good luck on buying your own house!

Quote Originally Posted by Kelerei View Post
    I'm guessing that INZ only wants to sight passports before the Resident Visa is actually granted?
    Thank you, everyone! And yes, usually this is the point at which one used to get a visa sticker in their passport, but now I think it’s just e-visas even though they make you send in your passport. Although the instructions in the AIP letter still state that your passport needs at least one empty, clean page for the visa. Don’t know why, if there’s no sticker going in!

Quote Originally Posted by Juniper View Post
    Thank you, everyone! And yes, usually this is the point at which one used to get a visa sticker in their passport, but now I think it’s just e-visas even though they make you send in your passport. Although the instructions in the AIP letter still state that your passport needs at least one empty, clean page for the visa. Don’t know why, if there’s no sticker going in!
    It will be an eVisa (it's a separate process and an extra $130 nowadays if you're old school and prefer a sticker in the passport). Clearly INZ hasn't updated their template, because our AIP letter (received May 2019) stated the same thing!

Congratulations Juniper!

Quote Originally Posted by Aiden_ View Post
    Congratulations! Juniper! What a good piece of news!
    Such a supportive boss!

Good luck on buying your own house!
    <3

Dear forum members,

Can we send additional documents to INZ to include in our existing application?. I submitted my application in Jul 2019.
    Yesterday I received a Professional Engineer registration certificate from Engineers Australia, and I would like to include it in my application.
    Someone please share INZ mail ID to send PE certificate. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by garapatihk View Post
    Dear forum members,

Can we send additional documents to INZ to include in our existing application?. I submitted my application in Jul 2019.
    Yesterday I received a Professional Engineer registration certificate from Engineers Australia, and I would like to include it in my application.
    Someone please share INZ mail ID to send PE certificate. Thank you.
    See R5.20.1.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelerei View Post
    See R5.20.1.
    As it is a residency application, I think we should send by post any additional hardcopy documents, can't just send by email unless we hear from case officer and s/he considers email fine.

Yes, you need to post either the original or a certified copy to INZ (PO Box 76895, Manukau, Auckland) - include a cover letter which includes your application number and ask that the new documents be matched with your existing application in the queue.

Definitely have to post them. We've moved house and I sent in our tenancy agreement to get the address on file updated. They were happy to update our address but refused to affix a copy to our application. I asked on the basis that they've done nothing for a year so wanted extra evidence there as I was sending it anyway for the inevitable questions I feel a co might ask.

I find it hard to mask how annoyed I'm getting, the email I sent basically said as you've done nothing for a year please add this to my application and they refused. Part of me wants to post a new piece of relationship evidence or photo of what we've been up on to them every day to show we are still together, it's not like it would make our application any harder to process just annoy the crap out of the mail clerks receiving a barrage of pointless information.

Page 34 of 129 FirstFirst ... 3233343536 ... LastLast