Page 89 of 129 FirstFirst ... 8788899091 ... LastLast

Thread: Processing of SMC applications

Quote Originally Posted by EGoodhue View Post
    The best and most efficient way to request a move to the priority queue is via the EVE email address - it's possible to email updated documents to that inbox along with a comprehensive explanation of why an escalation is being requested. The inbox is monitored daily and a response is usually given within 24 hours. The movement of your file will only happen once the escalation request has been approved and it will then get put into the queue in relation to your lodgement date - the priority queue is now almost 'in-flow' so your application will likely go near the front of the queue, but it can also take up to a week to be allocated to an immigration officer from when you switch queues (I don't think they are allocating files on a daily basis, so it will be allocated just whenever the next round of allocations is done).
    Thank you so much EGoodhue. My LIA emailed on Friday, hence shall receive a reply from escalation department on Monday/Tuesday.

Update from FYI request by Erin Zheng.

Question: “How many priority SMC applications were allocated to a case officer during June 2020?”

Immigration response:
    During the month of June 2020, 670 priority skilled residence applications were allocated to a case officer.
    Immigration New Zealand (INZ) does not have a specific Skilled Migrant Category (SMC) queue but one for
    skilled residence applications. Skilled residence applications include two categories, the SMC and
    Residence from Work (RFW) category that are both processed in the Manukau office. The applications are
    not split into two separate queues based on the application category but are separated based on whether
    the application meets the priority criteria as described in Immigration instructions at A16.1.“How many priority SMC applications were allocated to a case officer during June 2020?”

670 Applications per month is a big number, I hope they will start processing the general queue at the same speed soon. Please update if anyone has numbers for July 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by francovm View Post
    Hi Erin! Do you know if it has been possible to escalate a residence application not being above the salary threshold neither holding registration? Have you heard any case?
    Hey francovm,

There is a separate thread about it (You can search my posts and find it) and I also requested for prioritisation based on the same exact reasons that some other members mentioned in their posts.
    Many got approval unfortunately I didn't, there is no straight answer to this as the criteria are quite vague and it's dependent on the person handling your request.
    It's free so the worst they can do is reject which makes no difference to your existing status and you remain at the same spot in the queue hence there is no harm in trying.
    Best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by SSS93 View Post

Question: “How many priority SMC applications were allocated to a case officer during June 2020?”

Immigration response:
    During the month of June 2020, 670 priority skilled residence applications were allocated to a case officer.
    Immigration New Zealand (INZ) does not have a specific Skilled Migrant Category (SMC) queue but one for
    skilled residence applications. Skilled residence applications include two categories, the SMC and
    Residence from Work (RFW) category that are both processed in the Manukau office. The applications are
    not split into two separate queues based on the application category but are separated based on whether
    the application meets the priority criteria as described in Immigration instructions at A16.1.“How many priority SMC applications were allocated to a case officer during June 2020?”

670 Applications per month is a big number, I hope they will start processing the general queue at the same speed soon. Please update if anyone has numbers for July 2020.
    it is not a big number at all, considering most of the applications in this queue are easy to approve.

Quote Originally Posted by SSS93 View Post

Immigration response:

Going by the past trends, This number will come down next month. Add to that the upcoming elections, I am expecting the numbers to fall again for a few months, and until the next government decides their immigration policy.

https://prnt.sc/tsynza

Hi friends!

Today received below response from Escalation Manager

“I have identified your request as relating to priority allocation under immigration instruction A16.1.a.i and ii. This request will be referred to our SMC team for review.”

I suppose it’s because my LIA had sent documents by post and sent an email to EVE (did not include documents in the email). My LIA has, however, confirmed that documents were delivered to INZ on 21 Jul.

How much time should they take to approve and transfer my file to priority queue ?

Thanks in advance for your valueable feedback.

@Tariq Great news! Looking forward to hearing that your case has been allocated. (I don't know how to delete this and repost as a reply, sorry.)
    Last edited by fielder4; 3rd August 2020 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Can't figure out the controls

Thanks IT_GUY and deverett! I just wanted to know if anyone knows about a successful case.

Quote Originally Posted by francovm View Post
    Thanks IT_GUY and deverett! I just wanted to know if anyone knows about a successful case.
    Here is a thread, it was on my posts as I mentioned.
    https://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=55826

Update- got moved to priority queue and have been advised by the INZ that I ll get CO within 1-2 weeks.

Page 89 of 129 FirstFirst ... 8788899091 ... LastLast