Page 90 of 129 FirstFirst ... 8889909192 ... LastLast

Thread: Processing of SMC applications

Quote Originally Posted by Tariq Shahzad View Post
    Update- got moved to priority queue and have been advised by the INZ that I ll get CO within 1-2 weeks.
    congrats Tariq . keep us posted of how your processing is getting along

Can anyone please suggest why INZ is not making decisions on the file why long delay on making decisions.. I have been waiting on my decision from 30 months....It’s very frustrating situations.. 4 CO on my file till now.. Current CO is on my file from last 1 year still cannot make decisions what’s going on with INZ... When we asked for update most of the time CO on sick leave otherwise CO says I’m doing futher verification.. Ok we ask when it’s going to complete reply in one week ok then what’s next CO says i continue my assessment... This is happening to me from 30 months How long does it take to do assessment on a file 1 year??????? They just made our life hell..
    My LA already spoke to CO’s manger she apologized for the delay and esure that she will help CO to proceed with my file as it’s been long time for my file... after that another month is gone no hope

I just found this interesting table from an information request where you can see how many applications from the normal and priority queue were allocated to case officers over a 6 week period.

As you can see, only 48 out of 656 allocations were from the normal queue, which is very disheartening to be honest.

Edit, so I was digging through more information requests. And one response they said that allocations from the normal queue is no less than 10% of total allocations. See screenshot below. However, 48 out of 656 over a 6 week period is definitely below 10%!!!

Last edited by Yanco; 6th August 2020 at 03:17 PM.

Does anyone know how many non-priority applications are left in the queue to be allocated between 20 December 2018 and February 2019? I can't find any information request that answers this question.

I could only find this one, which is quite relevant, but it seems to take a lot of time to get an answer. https://fyi.org.nz/request/13017-tot...priority-queue

Quote Originally Posted by Yanco View Post
    Does anyone know how many non-priority applications are left in the queue to be allocated between 20 December 2018 and February 2019? I can't find any information request that answers this question.

I could only find this one, which is quite relevant, but it seems to take a lot of time to get an answer. https://fyi.org.nz/request/13017-tot...priority-queue
    I've done an OIA for the numbers for non-priority between 20 Dec 18 and 6 Jan 19 - it's due on 11 August so will post in here

PR for me and my wife finally approved
    My path was 2 years on WTR Talent Accredited Employer with salary meeting requirements to get PR straight away (this is not possible anymore for the same category of visa since the last year) and then I was in priority queue thanks to salary threshold.

15/02/2020 Lodged
    20/02/2020 Money deducted
    06/07/2020 CO assigned
    10/07/2020 First contact - CO requested IRD tax summary and then after couple emails back and forth CO asked also for certified hard copy of my new job contract and role description as I was about to switch the jobs (but still worked for former employer from my application at that time). They knew that because my work visa were already varied for the new employer and I also tried to escalate the residency application in June to avoid need of going thru visa variation so I did send them the new job contract to attach it to the residency application in desperate attempt they would assign it to a CO. That didn't have any effect on my residency application and I had to apply for variation of conditions in June.
    21/07/2020 Moved into quality check queue
    05/08/2020 Still sitting untouched in quality check queue, I emailed CO asking for advice how to proceed or escalation based on expiring partnership visa (in 9 days) and expecting a baby in 7 weeks (was pretty stressful as we would have a kid without passport and visa if she would be born before we get the residency, there's no way how fix that under current world Covid restrictions)
    06/08/2020 Escalated and approved straight away
    Last edited by paul_carl; 6th August 2020 at 11:28 PM.

Excellent news - congratulations!

Update from this morning:

The oldest application in the non-priority queue is currently dated the 21 December 2018.

The oldest application in the priority queue is currently dated 08 June 2020.

The oldest application in the non-priority queue is currently dated the 21 December 2018.

Non-priority hasn't moved in over 2 weeks

And the saga continues. This is just plain depressing.

Page 90 of 129 FirstFirst ... 8889909192 ... LastLast