Page 76 of 129 FirstFirst ... 7475767778 ... LastLast

Thread: Processing of SMC applications

Quote Originally Posted by FranceMay View Post
    Hi,

Thanks so much for everybody who's contributing to this forum, this has been so helpful.

Just to share some good news / timeline if hopefully it can help, EOI selected on 4th of December 2019, I was on priority queue and a CO contacted me on 15th of June for some updated info (last 3 payslips + name of my manager) which I sent on the 16th, he called my boss on 19th to confirm my position / no impact from Covid, he was satisfied and said he was sending it to 2PC and I should have an answer within 1 or 2 weeks. Yesterday 3rd of July my online visa application turned to Approved ! (Didn't receive any email but was checking daily).

Good luck to everybody's who's waiting, it's such a stressful time.

Note: I had a super straight forward case (no family and 160 points coming from age, diploma assessed by NZQA + current job), it might have helped a bit.
    Congrats, FranceMay -- we are very happy for you!! I guess since you didn't have family, you didn't need to send any updated "partnership evidence", which also didn't hold up your application. So glad it worked out for you!

Congrats

Not wanting to put a dampener on things, as I do believe that the small movement we've seen in the queue over the past week is positive, but just keep in mind that the lodgement dates reported by INZ in relation to where the queue is up to reflect dates that are workdays only. So, every now and then, it might look like the queue jumps ahead a couple of days but keep in mind that Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays aren't days that lodgements are processed on.

By my calculation, there were 545 available working days for INZ to lodge SMC applications between 19 December 2018 and today - so that's 545 separate lodgement dates that applications in the queue currently 'represent'. Taking the 46 working days of lockdown out of that, there are around 499 days-worth of lodgements in the SMC queue that need to be progressed.

Just pays to keep 'working days' in mind, rather than calendar days, when looking at the queue dates - keep those expectations in check Because pretty soon we might see a sudden 'jump' forward in the queue to January 2019, but INZ was all but closed for nearly 2 weeks at the end of December 2018.

I was just exploring the data on https://mbienz.shinyapps.io/migration_data_explorer/#.

And from what I understand, they are processing about 800-850 SMC applications a month, and going by that, it would take about 18-19 months to clear the current backlog, assuming the current backlog of 15000 applications. And assuming everything else stays the same.

https://prnt.sc/tcgbdb

But here, the data (https://prnt.sc/tcgh5v) says they have 31000 SMC residence applications on hand. And by thaose numbers, it will take more than double the time.

Is this line of thought reasonable Erin?
    Last edited by ag; 6th July 2020 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EGoodhue View Post
    Not wanting to put a dampener on things, as I do believe that the small movement we've seen in the queue over the past week is positive, but just keep in mind that the lodgement dates reported by INZ in relation to where the queue is up to reflect dates that are workdays only. So, every now and then, it might look like the queue jumps ahead a couple of days but keep in mind that Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays aren't days that lodgements are processed on.

By my calculation, there were 545 available working days for INZ to lodge SMC applications between 19 December 2018 and today - so that's 545 separate lodgement dates that applications in the queue currently 'represent'. Taking the 46 working days of lockdown out of that, there are around 499 days-worth of lodgements in the SMC queue that need to be progressed.

Just pays to keep 'working days' in mind, rather than calendar days, when looking at the queue dates - keep those expectations in check Because pretty soon we might see a sudden 'jump' forward in the queue to January 2019, but INZ was all but closed for nearly 2 weeks at the end of December 2018.
    Would we be correct in saying that INZ closed on 20 Dec 2019 and re-opened 6 Jan 2020?

Meaning the queue may 'jump forward' from 19 December to round about the 6 Jan?

Well I know some one as well who lodged in April 2019 and did not qualify priority criteria or did not even do EVE request.
    I raised this with INZ complaints and got following reply.

"I am writing in response to your feedback which was sent via webform and received by Immigration New Zealand (INZ) on 24 June 2020. Your feedback has been referred to me as an Immigration Manager of Manukau Area Office and, having reviewed your correspondence and the file it concerns, I am now in a position to respond on behalf of INZ.

I understand the principal grounds of your complaint to be the following:

1. You have concerns around the time your application has been in the queue pending allocation to an officer;

2. You have concerns that INZ have been inconsistent in our approach with allocating applications; and

3. You have concerns over the fairness in the allocation process.

INZ’s response

Ground 1 – concerns around the time your application has been in the queue pending allocation to an officer

We recognise that timeframes for allocation have increased. Unfortunately, due to a significant increase in volumes of Skilled Migrant and Residence from Work applications, our processing timeframes including timeframes for allocation have increased. The recent lockdown has also meant that we have been unable to allocate new applications out of our queue during the months of March through May, which has increased our allocation timeframes further.

Unfortunately due to current timeframes and volumes, I cannot guarantee when your application will be allocated. We are currently looking to allocate applications that we received on 19 December 2018.

Ground 2 – concerns that INZ have been inconsistent in our approach with allocating applications

Thank you for your recent correspondence in which you provided further details in regards to the application your complaint is referring to.

As noted in this correspondence, I am unable to provide reasons regarding why particular applications have been allocated for assessment due to the privacy. However, I can confirm that I have investigated the allocation of this application and I am satisfied that correct procedures were followed in regards to that allocation. Thank you for your feedback on this matter and allowing us the opportunity through having a specific case to review our processes around allocation.

Ground 3 – concerns over fairness in the allocation process

Complaints are considered ‘merits-based’ where a specific system or process issue or shortcoming is not identified – for example a claim that something was unfair. I have identified this ground as a merit related ground of your complaint. Please note the purpose of INZ’s complaints and feedback process does not include addressing merits related grounds of a complaint. I will therefore not be responding to you regarding this matter.

Thank you for writing and raising these issues with INZ. "

TBH I have no faith in this system now.

Yeah when I got a similar reply to a complaint I put a lot of time and effort in a couple of months ago, I was very deflated for weeks, it just feels like talking to brick walls. This was before they publicly announced the priority criteria, and the immigration manager was still saying it was because of an increase of applications in stead of being honest about the priority criteria. Now my only hope to see some fairness is the ongoing investigation from The Ombudsman.

tbh I am not expecting anything!!

Pisses me off when you say you aren't following process and they say this is merits based. No it's not, it's a process complaint, you had a process written down and didn't follow it, we aren't complaining my application hasn't been seen we are complaining that their new process has no rhyme or reason as to who they pick out the queue other than something they seem to know that nobody else does. They just ignored me when I wrote back saying I didn't ask about merits k asked about specific process.

Page 76 of 129 FirstFirst ... 7475767778 ... LastLast