Page 126 of 129 FirstFirst ... 124125126127128 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 1284

Thread: Processing of SMC applications

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...me-information

Processing timeframes
    As a result of the 2020 COVID-19 border restrictions, offshore visa application processing was placed on hold. During this time we reported on the number of skilled residence applications in the offshore and onshore general queue separately.

Now application processing for applicants outside of New Zealand has started again, the skilled residence general queue now includes onshore and offshore applications.

As of 14 February 2022, the oldest application in the skilled residence general queue was received on 14 December 2018.

Total number of unallocated skilled residence applications as of 14 February 2022 (updated fortnightly)
    Queue Number of applications
    General Queue 8,664
    Priority Queue 831

Dear Friends,

One of my friends' Offshore SMC visa application without job offer was assigned to a case officer on April 22 and his lodgement date was March 2019.
    Two weeks back he got an email notification that his application was relocated to another case officer. But the current case officer mentioned that she is not aware of the time frame when a new case officer will be allocated to his application.

Any idea when he can expect to get a new case officer?
    Any other way to get to know the status of his application other than INZ call centre? Kindly advise.

Thanks!

The only thing I can tell you is that a case reallocated from a CO does not go back into the original queue all over again. As an active case, it will be picked up as soon as possible, depending on the current workload of other COs.

Any idea when he can expect to get a new case officer?
    No, see above.

Any other way to get to know the status of his application other than INZ call centre?
    No. You don't get to have contact details of any particular official until they're your CO. And the call centre is not going to be able to give any details about the application. The INZ system is based on managed queues, so the most that might show up for a telephone-answerer is that X case is in Y queue.

Hi JandM,

Thank you for your prompt response and valuable information.

Default December 2018 Application - SMC JSV Information required

Dear Friends,

Some good news for December, 2018 applicant :-) . Therefore, this note is going to be little lengthy.
    On 9th of August, 2022, I got an email where CO asked me to fill the JSV application form and send it back to her.
    But before sending the filled application, I am having queries / doubts which I wanted to clarify first. I am sure, I will hear back from my CO and this delay is because of the staff allocation to the number of applications at her desk. I am little afraid that what if I get the clarification little bit late and I don't get time to submit the application which might go in state of denial (and that's what I just don't want after 4 long years of wait).
    So in the mean time I thought to ask couple of question here so that I could get little idea about the situation. So here is the list of questions / queries I am having:
    1. I am working in India, and once I resign from my current position, I have to serve a notice period of 3 months. But as per the SMC Job Search Visa invitation letter, It is mentioned
    that once the visa is granted, I have to travel within 3 months of issuance of Visa. I can only quit my current job after getting the Visa. Can you please suggest how I should deal with
    this situation?
    2. (It is related to point 1) After getting the JSV, Can I move to New Zealand in the 5th or 6th month after issuance of the JSV? I would try to search and find a job from India first.
    3. Do I need to spend a certain time in NZ after my first visit ?
    4. In the JSV application form, Under Personal Details - Point 2, my Indian address is mentioned as New Zealand Residential Address. Looks like it's a typo error but I just wanted to
    confirm as we need
    to self-attest every information that is mentioned in the application.
    5. In order to show relevant funds, can I add the Bank statement of my spouse also?
    6. Where should we send our passport? Would an attested scanned copy work for you?
    7. How much time does it take to issue the JSV once the application is fulfilled?
    8. On which address I have to send the application? (As per the application- -- "The address which you should submit this application to will be specified to you by the INZ officer
    managing your application for residence under the Skilled Migrant Category.")

Best Regards,
    Gaurav Sharma
    SMC Offshore Applicant
    Lodgment date - 07 December, 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Gaurav.nz023 View Post
    Dear Friends,

Some good news for December, 2018 applicant :-) . Therefore, this note is going to be little lengthy.
    On 9th of August, 2022, I got an email where CO asked me to fill the JSV application form and send it back to her.
    But before sending the filled application, I am having queries / doubts which I wanted to clarify first. I am sure, I will hear back from my CO and this delay is because of the staff allocation to the number of applications at her desk. I am little afraid that what if I get the clarification little bit late and I don't get time to submit the application which might go in state of denial (and that's what I just don't want after 4 long years of wait).
    So in the mean time I thought to ask couple of question here so that I could get little idea about the situation. So here is the list of questions / queries I am having:
    1. I am working in India, and once I resign from my current position, I have to serve a notice period of 3 months. But as per the SMC Job Search Visa invitation letter, It is mentioned
    that once the visa is granted, I have to travel within 3 months of issuance of Visa. I can only quit my current job after getting the Visa. Can you please suggest how I should deal with
    this situation?
    2. (It is related to point 1) After getting the JSV, Can I move to New Zealand in the 5th or 6th month after issuance of the JSV? I would try to search and find a job from India first.
    3. Do I need to spend a certain time in NZ after my first visit ?
    4. In the JSV application form, Under Personal Details - Point 2, my Indian address is mentioned as New Zealand Residential Address. Looks like it's a typo error but I just wanted to
    confirm as we need
    to self-attest every information that is mentioned in the application.
    5. In order to show relevant funds, can I add the Bank statement of my spouse also?
    6. Where should we send our passport? Would an attested scanned copy work for you?
    7. How much time does it take to issue the JSV once the application is fulfilled?
    8. On which address I have to send the application? (As per the application- -- "The address which you should submit this application to will be specified to you by the INZ officer
    managing your application for residence under the Skilled Migrant Category.")

Best Regards,
    Gaurav Sharma
    SMC Offshore Applicant
    Lodgment date - 07 December, 2018

Great news , Good luck ! I have the same questions and any answer will really help.

I have just seen your post at past midnight in my time zone, and don't have energy to go into it now. But here https://www.google.com/search?client...+from+overseas are many search hits on old forum threads about applying for the SMC JSV from overseas, which may give you some help meantime.

Thanks JandM,

You have always been very helpful in giving us the clarifications.
    The above thread have given us lot of insights into JSV processing.

Thanking again!!

Best Regards,
    Gaurav Sharma

Page 126 of 129 FirstFirst ... 124125126127128 ... LastLast