Page 12 of 129 FirstFirst ... 1011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Processing of SMC applications

I expect the people that would have been working on that have been retrained to do something more urgent.

Quote Originally Posted by sasa_denise View Post
    Hi, I submitted our SMC paper application last week 30/08/19 and haven't got any response from INZ yet. I was wondering where you guys get info about application status online? Thank you.
    You can track it here (https://onlineservices.immigration.govt.nz/?STATUS) and if the file is received and lodged by INZ, you would see the application number and lodgement date

fingers cross... thanks

Hi guys!! I am new in this forum. Actually I need some advise as I have applied my residency last year and from past 5 weeks my file is with second pc check. Just wondering how much time the second person take. Please help me
    Thanks

usually 2nd pc i reckon 2 weeks. but that is usually.
    these days 2 to 52 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kam007 View Post
    Hi guys!! I am new in this forum. Actually I need some advise as I have applied my residency last year and from past 5 weeks my file is with second pc check. Just wondering how much time the second person take. Please help me
    Thanks
    INZ have recently told people it can be a 4 to 6 week wait for the result after a file has been sent for 2pc, but some people have had a pleasant surprise and it's been quicker.

There is a date-order queue for cases to be dealt with. It's the waiting in the queue for a file's turn for attention that takes the time (especially now, when INZ have huge backlogs), whereas the actual examination of the case takes only 20 - 30 minutes, a former CO has told us.

Notice, the 2pc official is checking for errors and omissions. If there are none, s/he can just confirm the original CO's recommendation of an outcome. But if s/he finds a problem, the file will be sent back for the CO to put things right. If it's just a matter of paperwork incorrectly done, the CO will redo it her/himself and return it to the 2pc (but it won't have to wait all through the queue again). But if some evidence or explanation is missing, the CO may have to contact the applicant, the employer, or whoever wrote a particular piece of evidence, all over again. All this doesn't happen very often, but if it does, of course this lengthens the waiting time.

Thanks a lot. Hopefully it will sort out as soon as possible.

Almost 1 month gone already after co allocated for smc resident visa but not heard anything till now from case officer any idea what should i do
    Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Agam13c View Post
    Almost 1 month gone already after co allocated for smc resident visa but not heard anything till now from case officer any idea what should i do
    Thanks in advance
    Just wait. They will contact you when they need something. You're very lucky to already have a CO when applying in July. There are people that still don't have a CO 9 months after applying. So they didn't hear anything for 9 months already.

A lot of what a CO has to do doesn't need any input from you, the applicant. They can be verifying evidence by contacting other people, and time can pass while they wait for the necessary replies. You won't know anything about any of that. Silence doesn't necessarily mean nothing is happening.

Page 12 of 129 FirstFirst ... 1011121314 ... LastLast