Page 78 of 129 FirstFirst ... 7677787980 ... LastLast

Thread: Processing of SMC applications

Quote Originally Posted by paul_carl View Post
    I got a CO assigned on Monday!
    No email so far, I guess it means it's either all good or it hasn't been looked at yet.

Prio queue WTR Talent Accredited Employer in Manukau
    Lodgement Date: 19/02/2020
    CO assigned: 06/07/2020
    Good luck mate! please keep posted with the progress. Thanks

Any update on which date is at front of the SMC non priority que?

Cheers.

I hope this is okay to share..

The petition to resolve the SMC residency application backlog is now live on the parliament’s website.

Please click the link below, sign and share with your friends and family. Thank you.

Cathasach Ní Bhraonáin I believe you can’t share the post due to our group settings but you can use the link below. Thanks

https://www.parliament.nz/en/pb/peti...log-of-skilled

Quote Originally Posted by areddy View Post

Cheers.
    Last I've seen anyone hear was 19th December when cheech finally got his CO.

I got another question,

When I applied for residency I've reached the 180 points by claiming points for working outside Auckland. If I was to move to Auckland now, can I rejig the points to meet 160?

Would INZ entertain this behaviour? Or would it lead to problems down the line?

Thanks.

Cheers.
    So my partner called them today and they told us the 18th December, they asked where we got the 19th from. Turns out the call centre only gets updated on the queue situation fortnightly and are due another update on Tuesday, so ridiculously they are expected to give out information that's almost 2 weeks old and we as a collective group seemingly know more about the process than the call centre. She asked what exactly they get told in team meetings and they said they moan about the skilled migrant stuff they are being repeatedly questioned in and just get told "we're working on that".

So moral of the story of it's every other Tuesday when the call centre gets their informer you can trust the date, otherwise if it's not from a technical officer I wouldn't even bother calling them unless your application is due a CO imminently.

I got another question,

When I applied for residency I've reached the 180 points by claiming points for working outside Auckland. If I was to move to Auckland now, can I rejig the points to meet 160?

Would INZ entertain this behaviour? Or would it lead to problems down the line?

Thanks.
    Yes, you could do this. It was confirmed in EGoodhue's answer to you, here. https://www.enz.org/forum/showthread...106#post590106
    Remember to make sure you're correctly covered by a temporary work visa at all times while making the change (which would need you to liaise with INZ about your notice period for the old job, and wished-for start date to the new one, as well of course as the new job meeting all the requirements, which would have to be checked out), as SMC processing can't continue if the applicant becomes illegal in NZ by not having a valid visa at any point.

In order to expedite the process, is it legitimate to contact ex-employer (back home) to give them heads-up (request) to quickly respond to immigration officer's query regarding the previous job.

Why would they contact your ex employer? Just curious to know. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by SSS93 View Post
    Why would they contact your ex employer? Just curious to know. Thank you.
    I have included (mistakenly) previous work experience from home country to gain more points. Now to verify that INZ might approach them. So I was wondering if I can prepare them upfront that INZ might ask you something about me and it would be helpful if they can reply quickly.

Page 78 of 129 FirstFirst ... 7677787980 ... LastLast