Page 28 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Processing of SMC applications

Posting again as i couldn't edit the previous reply.

They wouldn't if they do it, the amount they make from the EOI selection pools will be gone and obviously they have staff members who need to be paid every week.

Each month on an average there are 1200 selections happening from the EOI pool and if we consider the cost of the Applications (EOI& ITA) it gives them almost 3500 (onshore/offshore varies) in total, so it's 3500*1200= 4.2 Million/Month) excluding the cost of NZQA, Medical/X-Rays, Postal services, and people hire LIA for their applications (which creates/sustain employment) so it brings a lot of money in NZ and goes to governments in the form of Taxes) .

There are only two solutions I can think of:

1. Increase the Salary Criteria and/or the Points (and many people would not be able to file for residency and that would keep their total numbers down/close to the government directive) and many people (especially students who have come here and spent huge amounts) would not be happy with this decision.

2. Increase the staff capacity just to deal with SMC applications (but if INZ starts giving residency to all the applicants (for example 80-90% would qualify and would be genuine to get approved), would shoot up their annual numbers and that's not in align with the Government directives).

None of the above two are happening anytime soon, and cosnidering the new chnage to bring in ANZSCO 4,5 skill employment to become eligble to apply for SMC if you earn 25 NZD/hour, would bring in more number of applications in EOI pools and ITAs, the only thing we can do is to pray to get lucky someday.

Hello everyone,

This is my first post, though I had been part of this forum for a while.

My understanding regarding processing of SMC application so far from various posts is ---
    1. The normal or general SMC applications have not been picked for CO allocation since 6th/7th Dec 2018
    2. Applications that fall under certain criteria are only selected for CO allocation and further assessment. (Not mentioning the details of criteria as we all know it by now)
    3. Ideally, processing / CO allocation should done be on first come first serve basis irrespective of anything, eg. it does not matter if one has claimed 160 points or 200 points, it will still be in the same queue.

I KNOW THIS => I came across an applicant (no prioritization of any kind) who applied in Feb '19, got CO allocation in Nov, CO has also started interacting with the applicant.
    I HEARD THIS => On interacting with him, I'm told that he was no exception, in fact, his friend (ofcourse no prioritization) who applied in Apr '19, has already got the PR.

As I see, there are stalwarts and very knowledgeable members in this forum. Can someone kindly throw some light on this? Is it possible or my understanding is incorrect.

Thank you all for your contribution in this forum. Much appreciated.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by linux View Post
    Hello everyone,

This is my first post, though I had been part of this forum for a while.

My understanding regarding processing of SMC application so far from various posts is ---
    1. The normal or general SMC applications have not been picked for CO allocation since 6th/7th Dec 2018
    2. Applications that fall under certain criteria are only selected for CO allocation and further assessment. (Not mentioning the details of criteria as we all know it by now)
    3. Ideally, processing / CO allocation should done be on first come first serve basis irrespective of anything, eg. it does not matter if one has claimed 160 points or 200 points, it will still be in the same queue.

I KNOW THIS => I came across an applicant (no prioritization of any kind) who applied in Feb '19, got CO allocation in Nov, CO has also started interacting with the applicant.
    I HEARD THIS => On interacting with him, I'm told that he was no exception, in fact, his friend (ofcourse no prioritization) who applied in Apr '19, has already got the PR.

As I see, there are stalwarts and very knowledgeable members in this forum. Can someone kindly throw some light on this? Is it possible or my understanding is incorrect.

Thank you all for your contribution in this forum. Much appreciated.
    Cheers
    Even if they did not request for prioritisation, they might have had high remuneration?

Quote Originally Posted by areddy View Post
    Even if they did not request for prioritisation, they might have had high remuneration?
    No, they're just normal smc appl. no high remuneration, no govt. job, no registd. job. Its just a normal application.

The people here on the forum aren't anything official and therefore can't explain things that may or may not happen inside INZ.

I would say that I have seen over the years many forum members upset or annoyed by what they have been TOLD has happened to someone else's application. Rumours don't ALL have a basis in fact. There's a strange quirk of human nature that seems to make some bystanders want to work on the feelings of someone who has the nerves natural to someone waiting anxiously, as everyone does when they have an application in to INZ.

I think you are right JandM. There is no point getting upset with such information even if its true.... coz how INZ operates, is out of our circle of influence. It is what it is!!!
    But yes, normal applications of later dates are also getting processed, not sure how.

What I find also doesn't help us some users don't clearly segregate SMC, partnership or work visas. Both here and on Facebook groups you routinely see a question about one with answers about an entirely different visa posted. Wouldn't surprise me if some have filled out the web form with their details for partnership or work visas.

The response I received about SMC from INZ :

Due to the high volume of residence visas we expect assessment to be complete 12/15 months from submission. If your visa application was processed in this time frame you could expect to receive a decision by July/October 2020, but we cannot guarantee a decision by this time.

Quote Originally Posted by cijoc View Post
    The response I received about SMC from INZ :

Due to the high volume of residence visas we expect assessment to be complete 12/15 months from submission. If your visa application was processed in this time frame you could expect to receive a decision by July/October 2020, but we cannot guarantee a decision by this time.
    what is your lodgement date?

EOI Submitted - 26 June 2019
    ITA Lodgement Date - 8 July 2019
    Acknowledgment letter - 17 July 2019

Page 28 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2627282930 ... LastLast