Page 77 of 129 FirstFirst ... 7576777879 ... LastLast

Thread: Processing of SMC applications

hahahaa yeah . I did not bother writing them at all.
    I know their reply and they will brush it off as they always do.
    What an incompetent system to decide life of a skilled immigrant!!!!!

http://chng.it/xJwd2gbcRV

Hope we have all signed & shared this petition about SMC backlogs

Below reply from my local MP
    Anyone that has a case with the onbudsman want to share the details (name / application number?) so I can reply to them?

Thank you for our recent letter regarding your immigration concerns.

I completely understand your frustration with the time it is currently taking to process your residency application.

As you also advise, your application does not fit the criteria required for prioritisation. As a result of Covid19 and the border closure, Immigration New Zealand now have an even greater backlog of applications for processing. Presently you can stay in New Zealand on your current visa but you are correct, you will have to re-apply for work visas next year.

Currently, Immigration NZ are processing applications lodged in December 2018 in the order that they were received. I suspect it will be some time before INZ consider residency applications lodged in May 2019.

I have spoken to Immigration NZ and they have advised that they regularly update their website to reflect the increasing wait times and explain the ongoing delay and they urge applicants to regularly check this website. I have asked for a commitment of date for processing but they are not able to provide this.

I understand that all of the above information is already known to you and is not at all helpful! I am sorry that this has been your experience.

It is interesting to note that you mention a complaint to the Ombudsman. Has there been any outcome regarding this enquiry that you can advise? Have you lodged a request for an enquiry in your name?

We have made enquiries on your behalf with Immigration NZ and will advise you as soon as we receive a reply.

Yours faithfully

Cheryl Morovic
    Senior MP Support for Chris Penk
    chris.penk@parliament.govt.nz | 021 0230 6106 | 04 817 6913 | Parliament House 2-049 | www.chrispenk.co.nz

I did lodged a formal complaint with ombudsman and with a reference. this is the last email I received from them as below :

"I refer to your complaint received 11 May 2020, in which you make a complaint about Immigration New Zealand, a part of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment. This complaint has now been transferred to our Early Resolution Team for further inquiries and assessment. Once allocated within that team, the Investigator assigned will then be able to provide you with a further update."

I have not heard anything since then
    Last edited by ecilassim; 8th July 2020 at 12:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ecilassim View Post
    I did lodged a formal complaint with ombudsman and with a reference. this is the last email I received from them as below :

"I refer to your complaint received 11 May 2020, in which you make a complaint about Immigration New Zealand, a part of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment. This complaint has now been transferred to our Early Resolution Team for further inquiries and assessment. Once allocated within that team, the Investigator assigned will then be able to provide you with a further update."

I have not heard anything since then
    I sent you a private message

I have question on medical test, so I'm on talent accredited work visa and i've applied for SMC last year (may). My visa expires early next year, so Im thinking of applying for an "extension" via Essential skills visa (1 year). Do i need to go through the medical processes again and can I include my family in the application?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tanjasper View Post
    I have question on medical test, so I'm on talent accredited work visa and i've applied for SMC last year (may). My visa expires early next year, so Im thinking of applying for an "extension" via Essential skills visa (1 year). Do i need to go through the medical processes again and can I include my family in the application?

Thanks
    As I remember a medical test is valid for 3 years form the day it's issued regardless of how many times you use it. Thanks

My response to my local MP:

I refer to you letter sent to me regarding the below:

"It is interesting to note that you mention a complaint to the Ombudsman. Has there been any outcome regarding this enquiry that you can advise? Have you lodged a request for an enquiry in your name?"

The ombudsman is waiting for INZ to respond to their investigation into the complaint but I am not holding my breath that they will respond any time soon.

Below are the details of individuals who has an ongoing complaint regarding this matter (there are more):

xxx - reference number: xxx

xxx - reference number: xxx

Below also a link to a petition addressing the same concerns with already more than 5000 signatories on it.

http://chng.it/xJwd2gbcRV

It is really despairing to get these standard copy paste replies from everyone so I guess we'll just have to take it further via media coverage, petitions and protest.

I got a CO assigned on Monday!
    No email so far, I guess it means it's either all good or it hasn't been looked at yet.

Prio queue WTR Talent Accredited Employer in Manukau
    Lodgement Date: 19/02/2020
    CO assigned: 06/07/2020

COs have an allocation of cases that they deal with in rotation, taking what action is possible, then putting the file to the back to wait for replies, taking the next case to see if anything is actionable yet, and so on and so on. Your application will have gone to the back of the rotating queue, and will have to work its way to the front before the CO takes his/her first look at it.

Page 77 of 129 FirstFirst ... 7576777879 ... LastLast