Thread: Visiting partner

Default Visiting partner

So with the looks of the update in wait times still looks like a case officer is still a while away.
    We lodged back in February 2019 on a smc

My partner is in NZ and is the main applicant I have been waiting in the UK

I have been cautious about visiting in case it causes any complications with the visa application.

Is it possible for me to travel to NZ on a visitor visa whilst this wait goes on?

You would very likely be stopped and turned back if you tried to come in on the visa-waiver arrangement, because as soon as your passport was scanned, the record would come up on the INZ computer showing that you already had an undecided application in. What you were doing would look like a classic scenario of trying to get round the proper processing, ready to disappear into the grey area of illegals if your application was not successful. For the same reason you would be likely to be refused if you applied in advance for a visitor visa.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    You would very likely be stopped and turned back if you tried to come in on the visa-waiver arrangement, because as soon as your passport was scanned, the record would come up on the INZ computer showing that you already had an undecided application in. What you were doing would look like a classic scenario of trying to get round the proper processing, ready to disappear into the grey area of illegals if your application was not successful. For the same reason you would be likely to be refused if you applied in advance for a visitor visa.
    Thanks for that, unfortunately I thought that would be the case 😫
    I do wish especially with the wait times they would have made a process to be able to visit partners whilst it continues
    At this rate it will be a year without seeing him.
    But I guess nothing to do but continue to wait 😩

That's it - you're right, I'm afraid.

Is applying for the visit visa/work visa under partnership category not an option? If they were applying for SMC they would have submitted docs as proof of partnership then anyway...

With the way timings are running, the outcome for a "lesser" visa would probably come through around the same time as the process for residence which is already in progress. The different kinds of visa are processed in different offices by a different team, with different queues.