Thread: Partnership Visitor Visa

Default Partnership Visitor Visa

Kia Ora,

My wife applied for the partnership visitor visa and I have following questions if someone can please clarify
    - The case officer has been assigned and she asked questions to clarify a few things about the relationship. The answers were submitted within the given timeframe.
    - After submitting our answers, When we didn't hear from CO, We sent an email to her. She responded back saying that the application is in "the final stage" and she should be able to update us within a week.
    - After a week, we checked again with CO asking for an update on the application, she responded saying that "the application is undergoing internal verification, this can take upto 5 working days"

I am not sure what does it mean by the application is in the final stage and application is undergoing internal verification, Can someone please advise?

"The final stage" = the CO was doing the the last run through the paperwork to be able to recommend an outcome.

"Internal verification" = 2nd person checking, when another CO looks through the whole case for errors and omissions, and if all is in order, gives the go-ahead for you to get the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    "The final stage" = the CO was doing the the last run through the paperwork to be able to recommend an outcome.

"Internal verification" = 2nd person checking when another CO looks through the whole case for errors and omissions, and if all is in order, gives the go-ahead for you to get the answer.
    The application has been reviewed by the CO over three weeks ago and was given to the 2nd person check for internal verification since July 04th.
    CO sent email saying that "the application is with the 2nd person check and it should take upto five working days. However it may take longer depending on the workload."

It's been over three weeks and the application is still with the 2nd person check or in a queue for 2nd person check.

Now my question is, do we have the right to ask INZ why it is taking excessive time (more than three weeks instead of a week) just for the 2nd person check?

Can anyone please advise?

If you look around the threads, you'll see how people are waiting for all kinds of procedures - files wait in queues for their turn for attention. It's not usually the work that takes longer, but the moving up the long queue. 2pc happens in a different office, so your CO can't have had sure knowledge of conditions when mentioning timing. Your wait isn't unusual at the moment.