Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Apply another Partnership work visa 12 months?

Question Apply another Partnership work visa 12 months?

Hello everyone.

I've just been wondering. Is it possible to apply for another work visa under partnership until we have save enough money to apply for residency under partnership? I read the condition of interim saying
    "The conditions of your Interim Visa will depend on the kind of visa you had before we granted your Interim Visa, and the kind of visa you applied for"
    . Since we have not save enough money to apply for resident visa which is 1500, can we apply for another work visa under partnership? It would be really helpful if it is possible.

Thank you.

Resident visa based on partnership is NZ$2,250.00 if I'm not mistaken , unless fees for applicants already in New Zealand differs . 1500 that's pretty cool for yous over there hehe

I guess yes you can apply for another. I'm not sure hopefully someone with experience can confirm this.
    Last edited by onyiking; 12th July 2019 at 01:55 AM.

It depends how long the first partner-sponsored work visa has run for. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/#45665.htm

Struggling to understand the sums involved. The difference in fees is, what, $1200? That's less than $25 a week to have saved if the initial visa was for 12 months.

Something will have to change, because even if you're eligible for another work visa, the residence fee will still be due in a year's time, or you'll have to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    It depends how long the first partner-sponsored work visa has run for. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/#45665.htm

Thanks for the reply JandM. Base on the link you provided it says

Further visas may be granted upon application for up to a maximum of 24 months from the date the first partnership visa was granted or the first date of arrival if the partnership visa was granted offshore
    It been more than 12 months now when my partner was granted a visitor visa and started living with together with me. The work visa she currently hold is not expired yet and would take about 6 months to expire. Does that mean that we can still apply for another work visa under partnership? Base on what I read I think its possible but then I could be wrong.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by onyiking View Post
    Resident visa based on partnership is NZ$2,250.00 if I'm not mistaken , unless fees for applicants already in New Zealand differs . 1500 that's pretty cool for yous over there hehe

I guess yes you can apply for another. I'm not sure hopefully someone with experience can confirm this.
    Yes my partner is already in NZ maybe thats the reason is cheaper

Yes I understand that it is the reason I ask if it is possible. I did not say I can't save 1500 I just said it would greatly help us.

Quote Originally Posted by sks View Post
    Struggling to understand the sums involved. The difference in fees is, what, $1200? That's less than $25 a week to have saved if the initial visa was for 12 months.

Something will have to change, because even if you're eligible for another work visa, the residence fee will still be due in a year's time, or you'll have to leave.

Yes I understand that it is the reason I ask if it is possible. I did not say I can't save 1500 I just said it would greatly help us.

AFAIK there's no limit on how many times a person can be issued a work visa based on partnership (there's no saying on the INZ website and ops manual about this).

I think only a low-skilled ES visa and Silver Fern that have the condition on how many times a person can get such visas

cakes88, there IS a limit - see the link in my post above.

Yes, as she won't so far have had 24 months on a partner-sponsored work visa, there's nothing to stop her applying.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast