Thread: Partnership based resident visa English Requirement

Default Partnership based resident visa English Requirement

Hi,

I have applied for residence based on partnership as I am a resident in NZ. We were married for 9 years and my partner is here in NZ from Jan this year, She has valid 2 year work visa.

Is there any English requirements for it as I could not see anything in the applications.

Arrived in NZ 30-Jan-2019
    Applied 18-April-2019

Please let me know.

Thanks,
    Sarav

That was a good news to hear. Thanks JandM.

I got an update from my case officer for me to write IELTS or PTE as my spouse had got residence visa on SMC category, looks they can link my applicaiton to my old spouse application even though I applied for partnership based residence.

You had TWO applications in at the same time, and the one that INZ has completed first is sort of taking over from the other one - you don't need partner-sponsored residence now you've got residence as a secondary applicant under SMC. But this means that you now have to meet the English requirements for a secondary applicant on the SMC residence visa application, or pay for ESOL. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/#66778.htm

Thanks JandM so that means if my residence gets approved i will have the travel condition expiry as like my partner? so that I can apply for Permanent residence along with my Partner next year?

As it's your partner's application, when your partner meets the requirements and applies for PR for you both after holding residence for two years, you will get it too - you won't have to (and can't) apply for it separately.

From what you've said, it sounds as though showing you meet the English requirements (or putting in for ESOL) https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/#66778.htm, is only a formality, so it's not an 'if' you get residence. But if you're not sure where you stand on this, you should check with the CO who sent you this latest email.