Thread: Talent (Accredited Employer) Work Visa - Changing position for same employer

Default Talent (Accredited Employer) Work Visa - Changing position for same employer

Hi,

Can anyone please advice what to do when you are on a Talent (Accredited Employer) Work Visa, which means the passport stamp says you can only work for that specific employer for that specific position, if you are offered another position with the same employer?

My partner has been offered another position for the same employer. Does she need to apply for a variation of conditions in this situation? Her employer doesn't seem to know what to do in this situation and they are asking her how they can move her in this position with her current visa.

Unfortunately we're still waiting on our SMC allocation (based on me as principal applicant), which can still be months away.

My partner is getting extremely anxious because of our SMC application taking so long. She feels stuck in her current position and wants to move on where she can fully utilize her skills. She is very keen to take on this new position with her current employer. But everything related to immigration and visas makes her anxious, so hopefully she can take on this position without too much of a hassle.
    Last edited by Yanco; 15th July 2019 at 12:57 PM.

There should be no problem if the new position is equally or more skilled with the present one the visa was granted for - she should contact INZ to apply for a VOC (and not start the new work till it comes through).