Thread: What documents/evidences are needed for partner visitor visa?(Getting married in India next month)

Default What documents/evidences are needed for partner visitor visa?(Getting married in India next month)

Hello everyone,

I am going to get marry next month in India to my Indian girlfriend.I need to apply her visitor visa but I am confused about documentation that would need in the application.I know the forms like 1146,1198,1025 to apply but what extra documents and evidences are needed partner visitor visa.

There is another query as well regarding filling the form 1198 and its complicated.I am a NZ resident and I am going to India for a month to get marry and then come back to NZ so in this form 1198 in section E there are some following questions and its hard to answer for me as we wont live together for long time because I will come back to NZ.I do not know how to give answers of these questions

Section E Applicants for partnership visa(Form 1198)

(E1) When did your partnership start?
    Date........

(E2) When did you and your partner begin living together in a genuine and stable partnership (entered into with the
    intention of being maintained on a long-term and exclusive basis)? If you and your partner have spent period(s)
    of time living separately, provide details.
    Date you began living together............

(E3) Are you and your partner currently living together in a genuine and stable partnership (entered into with the
    intention of being maintained on a long-term and exclusive basis)?
    Yes...... No...... Explain why

Any help would be great.

Thanks everyone for your time.

In case you haven't yet seen it mentioned elsewhere on the forum, the official word now from INZ is here. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/docu...lationship.pdf People in your situation need to apply for both the partner sponsored visitor visa AND ask also to be considered for the general visitor visa.

As to the questions, you need to state the truth, remembering that for INZ, partnership is living together, so E1 will be from the date of your marriage. However, INZ do know about the cultural differences meaning that an introduction leading to marriage may have been set up by others on the basis that this connection is thought to be suitable, so you can give in a covering letter the details about when all that stage of things began - it helps to give the background.

E2 will again be the date of the marriage.

E3 - you can answer 'yes' if you send this when once you are living with your wife, or even after you have returned to NZ (the reason being that she has had to stay to wait for a visa to be issued).

Here https://www.google.com/search?source...10.Fp47iIiLe00 are old threads with discussion about evidence of partnership, and examples of what people have provided. For the time after you come back to NZ, you will need to show evidence that you and your wife are keeping in touch, e.g. by phone records, Skype or similar, emails, etc., maintaining the relationship, and also give evidence of any financial support passing between you, and the involvement of both of you in plans for your future home, etc..

Thank you so much JandM for your help.

So I have to apply for both partnership and general visitor visa is that correct?

I am 27 years old single guy( never married or lived in any relationship) and I have never sponsored any partner so far.I got my residency through skill migrant category.

Could you please help me in this section because I am confused in from 1146-

Section C Eligible sponsor requirements under our Residence – Partnership instructions

(C2) Were you a principal applicant under Residence – Partnership instructions or granted residence as the secondary
    applicant partner under another residence category?
    Yes
    No

I do not know what answer should I write in above section.

Thank you in advance.

You answer 'no'. Your residence was nothing to do with the partner programme.