Thread: Change in ANZSCO code

Default Change in ANZSCO code

Hi,

Just wanted to inquire.
    I have already applied for my SMC residency application which was logged on 14th Jan 2019.
    I am being offered a different job which matches my qualification, but then that will change ANZSCO code.
    Do you I have to resubmit EOI or I can just update INZ and then they can modify my application?

u submitted the ITA ?

Yes

Let them know, with all the details of the job, and that you're qualified for it, and they will look at that one instead of your old one.

Thanks, JandM.
    Changing another job won't have any effect on my application?
    Also, do I have to let them know about the new ANZSCO code?

Yes, you have to tell them that you are changing the basis of your application - the new job, once you have been offered it and either changed your Visa or got a VOC, and whatever ANZSCO code it comes under. As long as you are qualified for this job, too, and it gets you enough points, it won't upset your application.

Thanks heaps JandM

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Yes, you have to tell them that you are changing the basis of your application - the new job, once you have been offered it and either changed your Visa or got a VOC, and whatever ANZSCO code it comes under. As long as you are qualified for this job, too, and it gets you enough points, it won't upset your application.
    Hi JandM,
    What would be the case if the applicant submitted residency application based on 2 years work contract, but wants now to change job (different ANZSCO code but same skill level) which is a fixed term contract of one year? Time spend in current job already around 15 months and residency application submitted in March.

Thanks,
    Saumya

He would be very unlikely to get residence. There has to be sustainable skilled employment as the basis of a residence application. See the requirements here. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/#66791.htm SM6.30.10