Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Approvals on Residency Visas on 20 year-low due to Government strategy

Default Approvals on Residency Visas on 20 year-low due to Government strategy

Here you go folks:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/the...-cost-of-homes

Not a good time to try and become resident in New Zealand. I can honestly say that if I had known that was on the cards I would have chosen a different country for me and my family. But we are currently in the process of trying to become resident here in NZ, so we'll just have to leave this in God's hands.
    Last edited by BoerieNZ; 17th July 2019 at 10:05 AM.

same to me

and they couldn't refund the lucrative fee to process the residence visa

Quote Originally Posted by BoerieNZ View Post
    Here you go folks:

Not a good time to try and become resident in New Zealand. I can honestly say that if I had known that was on the cards I would have chosen a different country for me and my family. But we are currently in the process of trying to become resident here in NZ, so we'll just have to leave this in God's hands.
    Grim to listen to, but every country I looked at has issues like this at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by BoerieNZ View Post
    Here you go folks:

We feel exactly the same. Started preparing the move 3 years ago. Gave up everything back in Belgium 2 years ago. Still struggling to become resident after 2 years in NZ. If we had known it would have been such a struggle we would have just stayed home.

We have just been feeling so stuck the past 2 years in NZ, everything just feels so temporary, we're not able to settle as we're not even sure if they will grant our resident visa. Imagine not being granted residency, it will have been a massive waste of time, money and effort.
    Last edited by Yanco; 17th July 2019 at 10:40 AM.

Hey Yanco

What residency are you going for? Work to residence? What's keeping you from becoming resident besides the long time frame?

It's actually quite funny that you moved from Belgium to NZ. My wife and I were talking the other night and we are going to apply for Belgium should we not be resident in New Zealand by this time next year. It's crazy considering the impact that this has on people's lives. My daughter has JUST started school, and now we are in this "temporary, could-kick-you-out-if-we-feel-like-it" situation. So in a time where my family needs stability the most, we now have to put up with political agendas in NZ.

But, many people still become residents here and there's nothing to say that we won't be in that crowd soon.

A very grim state of affairs indeed. Poorly-planned and short-sighted decisions by an incompetent goverment.

This report (https://www.newsroom.co.nz/2019/07/1...XP6RuTrE5vEZI#) out in the media today highlights the fact that INZ now have more Residence applications currently on-hand, waiting to be processed, than there are approved Residence spaces for migrants in the NZ Residence Programme up to 31 December 2019. So it seems that INZ's strategy has been to halt all allocations of Residence applications for now, causing processing times to blow-out even further than they have been in recent months. An absolute mess.....

Quote Originally Posted by EGoodhue View Post
    So it seems that INZ's strategy has been to halt all allocations of Residence applications for now, causing processing times to blow-out even further than they have been in recent months. An absolute mess.....
    So does that mean that even though our application was lodged in April of this year, we won't be eligable for a Residency allocation for the year? We scored over 200 points with my wife as the main applicant (being a software developer) and it looks like we need to start planning our move back to our home country?

A very grim state of affairs indeed. Poorly-planned and short-sighted decisions by an incompetent goverment.

This report (https://www.newsroom.co.nz/2019/07/1...XP6RuTrE5vEZI#) out in the media today highlights the fact that INZ now have more Residence applications currently on-hand, waiting to be processed, than there are approved Residence spaces for migrants in the NZ Residence Programme up to 31 December 2019. So it seems that INZ's strategy has been to halt all allocations of Residence applications for now, causing processing times to blow-out even further than they have been in recent months. An absolute mess.....
    this is a very bad news. Are there any way to put a complaint to INZ directly and ask for a full refund if we want to withdraw our application?

Just to be honest, if this is expected in the beginning I won't bother lodge an SMC application because people situation can change a lot in 1-2 years while waiting for the application to be processed. One might not eligible for an SMC in the future if they need to wait for another 1-2 years before the CO start to assess their application which seems unfair to me.
    Last edited by cakes88; 17th July 2019 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cakes88 View Post
    this is a very bad news. Are there any way to put a complaint to INZ directly and ask for a full refund if we want to withdraw our application?

Just to be honest, if this is expected in the beginning I won't bother lodge an SMC application because people situation can change a lot in 1-2 years while waiting for the application to be processed. One might not eligible for an SMC in the future if they need to wait for another 1-2 years before the CO start to assess their application which seems unfair to me.
    Hi all,
    In such cases, will application be evaluated on basis if immigration rules in force on lodgment date or on basis of any changed new regulation?

Thanks,
    Saumya

I may be being cynical here, but now I'm starting to wonder if the apparently accidentally chaotic reorganization was a deliberate government ploy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast