Thread: Alternatives to SMC? LTSS 2 year Work to Residence?

Default Alternatives to SMC? LTSS 2 year Work to Residence?

Morning all,

So I've been reading heaps about the delays in being assigned a CO after submitting a SMC...my EOI has been selected, and I've received an ITA, but reading all the posts I'm kind of thinking perhaps I should go down a different visa route, as who knows how long I would have to wait if I submit my application in the next couple of months while I gather all the documentation needed. A year minimum I presume...
    What are people's thoughts on the 2 year LTSS Work to Residence Visa and processing times, which are currently shown as 3 months on the INZ website? Would that take into consideration that I have already worked in ANZSCO Skilled employment for 1 year in NZ under Essential Skills and count towards it (I'm guessing highly unlikely)? If I understand correctly I would have to work for the same employer/same job continuously for 2 years and then apply for residence? What is the process after these 2 years - is it straight forward? I'm also mindful of the fact that a lot can change in these 2 years in term of Government Immigration policy...so I'm a bit unsure which route to gown down on. Go after the SMC and "let the long wait begin" or go after something that seems slightly more feasible in the short term?

Any thoughts on this by someone who has gone through the process? Any advice?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by mad_wild View Post
    Morning all,

So I've been reading heaps about the delays in being assigned a CO after submitting a SMC...my EOI has been selected, and I've received an ITA, but reading all the posts I'm kind of thinking perhaps I should go down a different visa route, as who knows how long I would have to wait if I submit my application in the next couple of months while I gather all the documentation needed. A year minimum I presume...
    What are people's thoughts on the 2 year LTSS Work to Residence Visa and processing times, which are currently shown as 3 months on the INZ website? Would that take into consideration that I have already worked in ANZSCO Skilled employment for 1 year in NZ under Essential Skills and count towards it (I'm guessing highly unlikely)? If I understand correctly I would have to work for the same employer/same job continuously for 2 years and then apply for residence? What is the process after these 2 years - is it straight forward? I'm also mindful of the fact that a lot can change in these 2 years in term of Government Immigration policy...so I'm a bit unsure which route to gown down on. Go after the SMC and "let the long wait begin" or go after something that seems slightly more feasible in the short term?

Any thoughts on this by someone who has gone through the process? Any advice?

Thanks!
    My general understanding is that Work to Residence visa is a sort of commitment from the immigration that residence would be granted, provided you remain with same employer, the condition of visa are complied with and there are no character and medical issues.

One of my friend applied for work to residence in February 2019 and got approved within 1.5 months.

Would that take into consideration that I have already worked in ANZSCO Skilled employment for 1 year in NZ under Essential Skills and count towards it (I'm guessing highly unlikely)?
    You guess correctly!