Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Partnership residency

Smile Partnership residency

Hi, so Immi rang me and my c/o was asking for my credentials like proof or employment in the police department(country of origin) where I worked in the past, my educational background, and he also asked about my future employment options. Is that normal for partnership? I'm currently on my second partnership visa. Thanks guys!

And he was also asking for the details of our mutually agreed financial arrangements. Does that mean we just need to provide our joint insurance policies and joint bills? or do we have to provide a letter stating our financial arrangements?

Hi kiwiheart, I will file my residency application soon, may I know if all the documents submitted need to be certified by justice of peace?

Quote Originally Posted by dreamnz2019 View Post
    Hi kiwiheart, I will file my residency application soon, may I know if all the documents submitted need to be certified by justice of peace?
    hi dreamnz, yup.. it should be either an original or certified copy

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwiheart View Post
    Hi, so Immi rang me and my c/o was asking for my credentials like proof or employment in the police department(country of origin) where I worked in the past, my educational background, and he also asked about my future employment options. Is that normal for partnership? I'm currently on my second partnership visa. Thanks guys!
    Actually, no, that's unusual. There is no requirement for a partner to have any particular qualifications, work experience or work prospects. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...-visa#criteria Here https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/#46503.htm is the main regulation about how to qualify, with other sections covering the details available in the side-bar.

In your place, I would politely but definitely point out that you have seen these regulations, and wonder why he was asking something which doesn't apply to your case. That way, it's on record in your file, just in case of any need to press the point later.

About the financial records, I would provide statements, bills, etc., AND a covering letter stating how you have both arranged matters.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Actually, no, that's unusual. There is no requirement for a partner to have any particular qualifications, work experience or work prospects. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...-visa#criteria Here https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/#46503.htm is the main regulation about how to qualify, with other sections covering the details available in the side-bar.

In your place, I would politely but definitely point out that you have seen these regulations, and wonder why he was asking something which doesn't apply to your case. That way, it's on record in your file, just in case of any need to press the point later.

About the financial records, I would provide statements, bills, etc., AND a covering letter stating how you have both arranged matters.
    Thank you so much for your response JandM. Yeah he asked me questions about my future employment plans as well. Then, I mentioned in our history of relationship that we had a disagreement with my MIL before. Now, he was asking for a support letter from my MIL as well (I don't worry because we are now in good terms with her). When we lodged our application 6 months ago, we submitted all the evidence but then they returned some of it. Now they are asking for evidence within the past 3 months and we can provide those. It's just odd that even our disagreement with my MIL was a concern to him since this relationship is about me and my husband. and also he wants my academic and professional qualifications which is so weird since those things have nothing to do about our relationship. .

Ah, it's normal practice for INZ to ask for MORE proof of partnership covering the time of processing, just before they issue a visa, making sure they're not granting one to somebody whose relationship has broken down in the meantime.

On the matter of your mother-in-law, again, there is no requirement for family APPROVAL in the rules. They often ask for evidence that family and friends are AWARE of the couple's status as partners. I don't think I would ever have got approval from my own MIL, but she couldn't deny a large wedding, decades of family life (still going on though she's no longer with us) and a couple of grandchildren! Seriously, though, this is another point you could politely mention, this request for a certain kind of evidence for which you don't see any basis in the regulations, though you're providing it anyway. It's almost as though this official is making up his own script, but there IS a definite check-list to which he can be held if necessary.

EGoodhue, if you happen to see this and have the time to comment, what do you think? I seem to remember your commenting before about overzealous COs.

My husband and I feel that he's power tripping us. . We had no problem like this on my past 2 partnership visa applications and it actually only took 3 days for my 2nd one to be granted. Thank you so much for your help JandM. We sent him an email regarding the said matter

It is odd to be nit-picking now, with the two previous partner-sponsored temporary visas on record. I suppose there hasn't been any gap - one of you away on a long trip for some reason? (Even if you had been, if you have said why and shown that you stayed in touch, that's still perfectly within your rights and all right for a visa.)

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    It is odd to be nit-picking now, with the two previous partner-sponsored temporary visas on record. I suppose there hasn't been any gap - one of you away on a long trip for some reason? (Even if you had been, if you have said why and shown that you stayed in touch, that's still perfectly within your rights and all right for a visa.)
    No JandM. . Since I moved here, we never separate

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast