Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Student visa/Mumbai office

Default Student visa/Mumbai office

I like to know how the mumbai office works, i applied for student visa. @JandM and @Egoodhue
    Last edited by Ada oma; 28th July 2019 at 12:44 AM.

The Mumbai office applies the same rules as all the other INZ offices - it doesn't matter where they are.

They are very busy at the moment, as all of INZ has been reorganized and it hasn't been well planned, and they are dealing with a flood of applications since the end of last year.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    The Mumbai office applies the same rules as all the other INZ offices - it doesn't matter where they are.

They are very busy at the moment, as all of INZ has been reorganized and it hasn't been well planned, and they are dealing with a flood of applications since the end of last year.
    JandM you said when a new CO is assigned to a case they continue from where the previous one left, but in my case they started all over again and i was rejected. Although i have applied again will it affect the outcome?

This is unusual. I'm wondering, when you say it was a new CO, could it possibly have been the other official tasked with doing the second-person check? That person does look over the whole case, checking for errors and omissions, and to guard against the possibility of corruption.

Anyway, to answer your question, every application is treated separately. It doesn't matter if you had a rejection before, and they will look at it afresh, because your circumstances or evidence may well be different.

This is unusual. I'm wondering, when you say it was a new CO, could it possibly have been the other official tasked with doing the second-person check? That person does look over the whole case, checking for errors and omissions, and to guard against the possibility of corruption.

Anyway, to answer your question, every application is treated separately. It doesn't matter if you had a rejection before, and they will look at it afresh, because your circumstances or evidence may well be different.
    Because she said it when she called, the first was a guy and he said he was my CO when he called too but it was dropped for 3months, till the lady called me and also told me that she knows i had a co previously but she has been assigned to it again.

Like I said, that's odd, and unusual. Anyway, your application this time is a fresh start. Good luck!

JandM please i want to ask, i was allocated a CO from NZ recently and my agent feels its unusual considering student visa is processed in Mumbai, now he doesn't know if i will be interviewed and considering the time difference in my country. My CO requested for more documents but classes resumes next week Monday. My agent doesn't have an idea of what is happening, do you think i will meet up with resumption? Thanks.

Something INZ has been doing for all the years I have been watching their proceedings is to move cases from one branch to another (often in a different country, when they used to have more branches round the world) for processing, if one office happened to have officials free, and the original office was experiencing overload. That could be what is happening in your case - certainly, there is a lot of media attention on INZ problems (for instance, see here https://www.odt.co.nz/opinion/editor...ng-visa-delays) - or else the CO in NZ could be a more highly trained official, if the earlier COs found some difficulty with your case. Anyway, if the CO requires an interview with you, he will make contact to arrange this. Many people on the forum have found that COs worked flexible time, not just NZ office hours.

This is all guesswork on my part. The only way to know is to ask INZ what is going on, IF they will tell you.

As the CO has asked for more evidence, which presumably your LIA has recently sent, it seems very unlikely that this can be checked and any conclusion reached before the start of the new term. Even when the CO has ticked off all the requirements and recommended an outcome, every case has to be sent for second-person checking, and that is a process that is often taking 4 - 6 weeks at the moment. Sorry that this must be depressing for you, but, as you can see from that newspaper article, you are not alone. It's not personal to you - INZ are in a mess at the moment.

Thanks

Something INZ has been doing for all the years I have been watching their proceedings is to move cases from one branch to another (often in a different country, when they used to have more branches round the world) for processing, if one office happened to have officials free, and the original office was experiencing overload. That could be what is happening in your case - certainly, there is a lot of media attention on INZ problems (for instance, see here https://www.odt.co.nz/opinion/editor...ng-visa-delays) - or else the CO in NZ could be a more highly trained official, if the earlier COs found some difficulty with your case. Anyway, if the CO requires an interview with you, he will make contact to arrange this. Many people on the forum have found that COs worked flexible time, not just NZ office hours.

This is all guesswork on my part. The only way to know is to ask INZ what is going on, IF they will tell you.

As the CO has asked for more evidence, which presumably your LIA has recently sent, it seems very unlikely that this can be checked and any conclusion reached before the start of the new term. Even when the CO has ticked off all the requirements and recommended an outcome, every case has to be sent for second-person checking, and that is a process that is often taking 4 - 6 weeks at the moment. Sorry that this must be depressing for you, but, as you can see from that newspaper article, you are not alone. It's not personal to you - INZ are in a mess at the moment.
    Hi jandm,

Please I need your advise, I was declined on home ties issues again even when I put in my company as something I will be coming back to and I also put in pay slips. I wasnt called for interview what do you think could be the issue and what can be done please

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast