Thread: 1 year Work visa based on SMC EOI

Default 1 year Work visa based on SMC EOI

Hi,

I have applied smc, lodge in Jan now still waiting for CO.
    I have also applied 1 year work visa based on my pending residence visa application which expires in November2019.

Seeing upon CO is nowhere in sight. I am wondering is there any regulation or other channels i can have my work visa extended without having to 'Advertise my role on seek then apply Essential Work Visa ?

thanks

What sort of work Visa?

sorry, 1 year employer assisted work visa

Hi,

I am now applying for the Essential Work Visa due to SMC still pending CO after x months.

There is a section that my manager is querying, under the "have you made efforts as an employer to train NZers to fill the position available".
    If we tick 'No' - "Provide a written statement outlining why you have not made efforts to train New Zealanders".

What should he be writing if the company have advertised for 4 weeks and he have interviewed 2 peeps and decide to continue hiring me ?
    Won't the "Explain why the new Zealanders considered for this role' section already fulfil this explanation ?

Thanks

@ysc5

Pretty sure that’s Section C of INZ form 1113 and there’s an exclusion there for those already working and applying for an essential skills work visa based on ITA/processing SMC application.

Ours was blank.

Pasting the screenshot here
    09EB3AE9-A542-49E0-A130-319EF9466AFC.jpg

Thanks Allune, missed that part.
    awesome.

I'm sorry forgot to add, I have already applied for the 1 year Work visa based on my EOI/ITA last November 2018.

Would that Section C still not applicable to me if I am going for 3 years essential instead of 1 year ?

@ysc5 from what I understand on that form you would be covered by it still. Each temporary work visa application is a new one that would require new evidences.