Thread: Request for more documents.

Default Request for more documents.

Hi There, we have just had a request for more documents from our case officer. They are asking that we return them all by the 12 th Aug. We are going on holiday next week, planned all year..... would they decline our application if it’s not all in? I have tried to email for an extension. Some of the documents might take a little while. Having a mad panic now. We received the email this weekend so it does show that case officers are working around the clock.....

I would call the call center or you CO. I had great luck in dealing with issues with the call center agents (even though hold times were long). Depending on the document they may allow an extension??

A couple of years ago, the NZ government told INZ to set these short deadlines in the hope that it would speed up processing. In practice, INZ COs know that people can't magic up evidence in no time flat, specially if they have to get replies from third parties or documents sent from overseas. Therefore, if people reply within the time stated, saying what they are doing to get the evidence required (e.g. copying emails they may have sent to ask),usually the CO is fine about allowing a bit of extra time. Just don't leave them with NO reply, as that looks as though you are saying it's all right by you if they judge the case without what they said they need, which would be rather a waste of all your efforts up till now.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    A couple of years ago, the NZ government told INZ to set these short deadlines in the hope that it would speed up processing. In practice, INZ COs know that people can't magic up evidence in no time flat, specially if they have to get replies from third parties or documents sent from overseas. Therefore, if people reply within the time stated, saying what they are doing to get the evidence required (e.g. copying emails they may have sent to ask),usually the CO is fine about allowing a bit of extra time. Just don't leave them with NO reply, as that looks as though you are saying it's all right by you if they judge the case without what they said they need, which would be rather a waste of all your efforts up till now.
    Thank You. xx

Quote Originally Posted by Jkms View Post
    I would call the call center or you CO. I had great luck in dealing with issues with the call center agents (even though hold times were long). Depending on the document they may allow an extension??
    Thank you. Ive emailed a couple of times so hopefully she is seeing. xx