Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fast processing

Default Fast processing

Short question, perhaps someone has a fast answer.

We applied in April for our Residency visa. We mean my wife and me. She works as a registered teacher and I am working as an ICT Support Engineer. We are in NZ at the moment on three years working visa started on the 22.01.2018.

I read in some pots here that there is a fast processing possibility when the job is registered. Does that mean the job from the primary applicant has to be registered or only one job of one of the applicant has to be registered? I am the primary applicant.

Quote Originally Posted by AStoehr View Post
    Short question, perhaps someone has a fast answer.

We applied in April for our Residency visa. We mean my wife and me. She works as a registered teacher and I am working as an ICT Support Engineer. We are in NZ at the moment on three years working visa started on the 22.01.2018.

I read in some pots here that there is a fast processing possibility when the job is registered. Does that mean the job from the primary applicant has to be registered or only one job of one of the applicant has to be registered? I am the primary applicant.
    From what I've read on this forum, only if the job from the primary applicant is registered you will move to the secret fast processing queue.

Quote Originally Posted by Yanco View Post
    From what I've read on this forum, only if the job from the primary applicant is registered you will move to the secret fast processing queue.
    yes the secret queue. But also I heard that there is also a secret queue if you already have a working visa ?

yes the secret queue. But also I heard that there is also a secret queue if you already have a working visa ?
    Nothing like that. I am on 3 yr work visa and my residency application in process since 8 months.

Nope. Both my wife and I are in skilled employment in NZ, scored well over 200 points and we are stuck just like everyone else. The only other "secret" queue is if the main applicant earns more than $96,000 per annum which means it's in the high-income band, and they get processed faster.

Quote Originally Posted by BoerieNZ View Post
    Nope. Both my wife and I are in skilled employment in NZ, scored well over 200 points and we are stuck just like everyone else. The only other "secret" queue is if the main applicant earns more than $96,000 per annum which means it's in the high-income band, and they get processed faster.

but look in some posts here they applied and nearly two months after the lodgement they got the approval. Same Branch. Mysterious and there are some cases.

but look in some posts here they applied and nearly two months after the lodgement they got the approval. Same Branch. Mysterious and there are some cases.
    I'm pretty sure it's because of their income. They more than likely earn more than $50 an hour. That should get them processed a lot faster.

By registered do you mean accredited employer?

No. There are some jobs to do which in New Zealand you have to be registered with a professional body. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...l-registration

Only the Manukau branch does SMC now...

There’s also an offshore applicant (with job offer) here that got approval within less than two months whose job needs occupational registration. It’s not just the highly paid that gets on this special queue. I see it all the time being in the healthcare industry surrounded by registered nurses.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast