Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Requesting for your visa application to be prioritised

Quote Originally Posted by JD87 View Post
    I love your optimism but I’m not getting my hopes up at all especially as I’m not really doing a job that’s in demand or anything although sure would be nice and save having to apply for a new visa in the interim.
    Do let us know how you get on. My understanding is that the priority criteria only applies to principal applicant, but I'd be really interested to know if they grant a request on the basis of a secondary applicant's registration or salary (unless I have the wrong end of the stick and your partner is the principal applicant in your application).

Quote Originally Posted by EGoodhue View Post
    Do let us know how you get on. My understanding is that the priority criteria only applies to principal applicant, but I'd be really interested to know if they grant a request on the basis of a secondary applicant's registration or salary (unless I have the wrong end of the stick and your partner is the principal applicant in your application).
    You are correct in your thinking which is why I think I’m pushing my luck to be honest. It’s more to do with the stress we are dealing with and the unknown and more so if I don’t get a response we might have to consider moving so we can both be together.

Response I received from Manukau's Visa Operations Manager in relation to my question about some clarification of what "exceptional circumstances" or "compelling personal circumstances" means when requests for visa application escalations are made:

"The circumstances that lead to applications being prioritised for allocation are not prescriptive. All outlined circumstances are carefully considered. While we do appreciate the stress and suffering uncertainties and delays can cause all people applying for visas, we need to factor this against the need to ensure only exceptional circumstances are considered. To give you some context currently only a small number of requests for escalation (approximately 10%) are approved."

Quote Originally Posted by EGoodhue View Post
    Response I received from Manukau's Visa Operations Manager in relation to my question about some clarification of what "exceptional circumstances" or "compelling personal circumstances" means when requests for visa application escalations are made:

"The circumstances that lead to applications being prioritised for allocation are not prescriptive. All outlined circumstances are carefully considered. While we do appreciate the stress and suffering uncertainties and delays can cause all people applying for visas, we need to factor this against the need to ensure only exceptional circumstances are considered. To give you some context currently only a small number of requests for escalation (approximately 10%) are approved."
    so they didn't answer your question then. 10% seems high considering the success rate of users here being very low. Considering the spouting that old Winnie has been doing I don't think financial hardship or being potentially homeless is even a good enough reason to say look at my application. I guess you just have to catch them on a day when they are in a good mood, time to stalk their managers on facebook and see what kind of day they are having before you put in the request.

10% seems high considering the success rate of users here being very low.
    Don't forget that there are thousands and thousands of applicants who've never heard of ENZ, so we don't get to hear what is happening with their cases.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    It's not available for the public to see online. Tobias Tohill has shared that he was quoting the response to an OIA request.
    Hi JandM, I do appreciate Tobias had shared the important information, but I just want to add that I know at least one case escalated due to the skill that's not in the scope of the "Matter of National Interest" in his post. That applicant requested escalation around Aug 2019.

I doubt that the criteria that would be applied *now*, when the country is picking up after the pandemic lockdown, would be the same as before. Precedents from last year or the early months of this year can't be relied upon.

Hi guys

I presume that all your posts here are for SMC... idk.. correct me if Im wrong or this also apply for RFW?

Im at the moment on LTSSV - work to residence work visa and next month I will apply for Long Term Skill Shortage List Resident Visa. At the moment processing is within 13 months and my visa is 6 more months so I am hopping it will be done till my visa expire. Ill try as well to be prioritise...

Thanks

I think you should apply for a second LTTSL work visa at the same time you apply for your residency, there is no chance they will process your application in the next 6 month.... Unless you earn more than 51$/h.....
    Applied for my residency 11may, waiting on my work visa as well...

ohh nooo

I dont earn even close to that amount... Then I dont have a choice... Ill try to send email and be prioritise.. If declined, ill apply for same work visa I have now... So stupid how our current visa cant just be extended..

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678