Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Requesting for your visa application to be prioritised

Default Requesting for your visa application to be prioritised

INZ have introduced a new email address, which is monitored by Immigration Managers, where applicants can request for their visa application to be prioritised on the basis of
    "—compelling personal circumstances,
    —humanitarian factors, and
    —matters of national interest."

I don't know exactly what INZ's definition of any of these factors is, but if you have an employment-related work or resident visa application (eg. Essential Skills, LTSSL, Talent Accredited Employer or Skilled Migrant Category) in with INZ and feel you have justified reasons for getting your application allocated to an Immigration Officer for assessment as a priority, do try to email EmploymentVisaEscalations@mbie.govt.nz.

Your request will be assessed by an Immigration Manager within 2 working days and you will get a response telling you whether your request for prioritisation will be granted or not.

In some cases, it may also help to attach a letter of support from your NZ employer if you can (it may strengthen your argument).

Please remember that this escalation process only applies to people who have applied for employment-related work or resident visas.

More info: https://www.immigration.govt.nz/abou...scalations-eve.

I'm keen to hear how people get on with this new initiative from INZ - post here with your success stories (or not-so-successful stories...).

Thanks Erin.

My goodness, something of the current discontent has been getting through!

It's good to see INZ taking initiative to address the issues of the delays - but, in saying that, please be mindful that "compelling personal circumstances" is not defined and try not to pin all hopes on this being a silver bullet to resolve the complicated issues causing the processing delays. It's worth a try and would be good to see people share their experiences of requests via this email address here, to see if there's any sort of trend as to what circumstances INZ consider to be "compelling".

Thank you so much . I believe I do have some good reasons and I will try to send them an email.

Quote Originally Posted by EGoodhue View Post
    INZ have introduced a new email address, which is monitored by Immigration Managers, where applicants can request for their visa application to be prioritised on the basis of
    "—compelling personal circumstances,
    —humanitarian factors, and
    —matters of national interest."

I don't know exactly what INZ's definition of any of these factors is, but if you have an employment-related work or resident visa application (eg. Essential Skills, LTSSL, Talent Accredited Employer or Skilled Migrant Category) in with INZ and feel you have justified reasons for getting your application allocated to an Immigration Officer for assessment as a priority, do try to email EmploymentVisaEscalations@mbie.govt.nz.

Your request will be assessed by an Immigration Manager within 2 working days and you will get a response telling you whether your request for prioritisation will be granted or not.

In some cases, it may also help to attach a letter of support from your NZ employer if you can (it may strengthen your argument).

Please remember that this escalation process only applies to people who have applied for employment-related work or resident visas.

More info: https://www.immigration.govt.nz/abou...scalations-eve.

I'm keen to hear how people get on with this new initiative from INZ - post here with your success stories (or not-so-successful stories...).
    Hi EGoodhue,
    Due to miss-calculation , I did not claim "High Remuneration Salary" when I applied my SMC application ( my lodgment date is 27/DEC/2019) . However , I wrote a letter to INZ to notify about this mistake and to claim"High Remuneration Salary" in 16 July 2019 . I also attached supporting Docs . I contacted INZ about ten days ago and they confirmed they updated my file with the new update . Based on your above post I did send an email asking to prioritize y application . I listed a number of reasons ( related to salary , occupation and also family reason ). I will update you on what happens to me .

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/abou...scalations-eve

INZ will respond to all requests within two working days to confirm if the application will be prioritised for urgent allocation or not.

Has anyone received a reply yet? Curious as to whether they will be able to stick to their two day turnaround time as the requests come in...

Woohoo! Just got this e-mail from INZ this morning:

Thank you for your email. We have assessed the information you have provided and have agreed to escalate the application. This application will be allocated to an Immigration Officer within the next 5 working days.

An Immigration Officer will be in touch once an initial assessment has been completed on the application.

Thank you for raising this matter.

Kind regards

Quote Originally Posted by la_skydiver View Post
    Woohoo! Just got this e-mail from INZ this morning:

Thank you for your email. We have assessed the information you have provided and have agreed to escalate the application. This application will be allocated to an Immigration Officer within the next 5 working days.

An Immigration Officer will be in touch once an initial assessment has been completed on the application.

Thank you for raising this matter.

Kind regards
    What did you add as reason?

Could you please tell us what your reason was? I think we are all burning to know.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast