Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Change in SMC Points once ITA is submitted ?

Question Change in SMC Points once ITA is submitted ?

Hi Team,

The initial EOI, I submitted went back to POOL as INZ Manukau reduced my points from 160 to 150.

10 points were reduced in my work experience.

I had studied my Engineering from 2009 to 2013 and Started working as an Electrical Engineer from 2013 to 2017.

Date obtained 02 Apr 2015
    Major area of study ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING
    Date commenced studies 04 May 2009
    Date completed studies 06 May 2013

But once I submitted my Course completion certificate and work experience, I got a confirmation to re-submit EOI.

It was selected and I had submitted EOI.

In Jan 2020, I will be having 1-year experience in NZ. So if Case officer is allocating after Jan 20, can I claim that 10 points as well?

Just in case as a backup, even if they the case officer reduce the 10 points as they did with the initial EOI.

Please advise.

It stands to reason that if they can lower your points during the assessment, they can raise it as well if you have the evidence to back it up.

Quote Originally Posted by cijoc View Post
    In Jan 2020, I will be having 1-year experience in NZ. So if Case officer is allocating after Jan 20, can I claim that 10 points as well?
    As a general rule, you must advise INZ of any fact or material change in circumstances that occurs after the EOI is submitted that may affect the outcome of your application (see SM3.10). If I were in your situation and a decision was not yet made by January 2020, I would inform the case officer that I now had 1 year of NZ work experience and ask the case officer what evidence would need to be provided in this regard (and then actually provide it!).

I agree.

Thanks for the info, Will request for those 10 points in Jan 20.

I didn't knew you could do that. I will ask for my 10 extra points for my year of work experience here in NZ and let you know how it goes.

I'm going to have 2y of NZ experience in November as well, which adds some extra points I believe. And then 3y in total (incl overseas experience) which makes me eligible for the long term shortage list bonus points.

Does this mean that I MUST inform INZ that I am now eligible for the above bonus points?

We could have had more points in total anyway for my partner's master's degree. But we only claimed points for her Bachelor's degree because that was on the List of Qualifications Exempt from Assessment. As we had enough points (160) anyway, we didn't bother having her Master's degree assessed.

Quote Originally Posted by Yanco View Post
    I'm going to have 2y of NZ experience in November as well, which adds some extra points I believe. And then 3y in total (incl overseas experience) which makes me eligible for the long term shortage list bonus points.

Does this mean that I MUST inform INZ that I am now eligible for the above bonus points?

We could have had more points in total anyway for my partner's master's degree. But we only claimed points for her Bachelor's degree because that was on the List of Qualifications Exempt from Assessment. As we had enough points (160) anyway, we didn't bother having her Master's degree assessed.
    Iam also in a similar circumstance. When I submitted by EOI, it was around 8 months of NZ experience, so I didn't claim bonus point. When I submitted my residency application in March, I was a week behind of having full 1 year work experience. Now it is 16 months. Should I write to INZ and claim 10 extra bonus point? That will take me to 180.

Thanks,
    Saumya

Quote Originally Posted by Yanco View Post

I'd say you don't need the extra hassle to update to INZ unless you don't have enough points. Moreover, you'll just add more tasks for the CO to assess and might delay the process.

Please update the outcome - if anyone claimed for these "extra" points !!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast