Thread: Can a UK Based company hire me as a contractual employee in New Zealand

Default Can a UK Based company hire me as a contractual employee in New Zealand

HI
    I need a help pls, I got a job offer from a UK based company and they want to hire me as a contractual employee in NZ, However, they want to know, is it legally allow for them to hire me from the UK as a contractual employee in NZ without a legal entity in New Zealand? they are asking me to provide them any official documentation on this and accordingly they will do an agreement with me and pay directly to my bank account. Accordingly, I will pay my IRD locally however I need some prove pls
    Thanks

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by alinaqvii View Post
    HI
    I need a help pls, I got a job offer from a UK based company and they want to hire me as a contractual employee in NZ, However, they want to know, is it legally allow for them to hire me from the UK as a contractual employee in NZ without a legal entity in New Zealand? they are asking me to provide them any official documentation on this and accordingly they will do an agreement with me and pay directly to my bank account. Accordingly, I will pay my IRD locally however I need some prove pls
    Thanks
    Assuming you have the right to work in NZ already, IRD is never going to stop you from earning foreign income. So nothing stops the UK firm from hiring you and paying whatever you deserve. How you will be taxed on that income depends on what structure you are operating under in NZ. That is when you need to seek proper tax advise. A good tax adviser will look at your situation and prescribe you a suitable structure to mitigate your obligations. I have a link to ird here
    https://www.classic.ird.govt.nz/inte...ome-index.html but these things tend to confuse people more than anything else when you are not financially inclined. Once again the best advise is to seek better advise!
    Last edited by everest; 8th August 2019 at 12:59 PM.