Thread: Essential Skills Work Visa

Default Essential Skills Work Visa

Hi everyone. Just wondering if anyone else is waiting on the Essential Skills Visa being approved. I know the processing times shown on immigration website, however wondering how long everyone has actually been waiting. Mine was only submitted 15 July 2019 but I am already very impatient and constantly checking my emails and I know I could have a while longer to wait.

What you describe is the normal state for everyone with an application in to INZ - you are not alone.

Thanks for responding, thought that would be the case. I wanted a visa grant 5mins after it was submitted. Hopefully the wait will be over soon. Thanks.

I wanted a visa grant 5mins after it was submitted.
    Same comment - what you describe is the normal state for everyone with an application in to INZ!

Hey Claire, I submitted my (Hardcopy) Essential Skills Work Visa + Partnership (my bf's) on the 8th July, and got an approval on the 18th July 2019. It was rapid. My previous Essential Skills took me 4 months and yet this time just 10 calendar days! What I've heard from my LIA was that - More specific information that are written on the Employer Supp Form could possibly speed up the process. For eg writing 'as attached Page 5 of Employment Agreement' compared to 'According to Employment Act 123 xyz'. Officers would not have to refer to and fro from different documents.