Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need advice

Default Need advice

Hi everyone I need some advice regards in our Application.
    Last Jan.2018- We applied for Partnership Residence but got declined because we are not yet living together for more than 1 year.
    And this July 2019-right after our application got declined we submitted another Visa application but this time it is WORK VISA UNDER PARTNERSHIP.

My Situation is I have a kiwi partner for more than 1 year now, he went home (Manila) every two weeks because he has work in Australia.We started Living July Last year.

And now we received a messaged from our case officer saying...

"We have gone through all the documents you provided in support of your application and have considered them in our assessment. While we are satisfied at this stage that you are in a genuine and stable relationship with a New Zealand resident, we are not satisfied that you have already lived together based on the definition of `living together' in immigration instruction E4.5.30. Living together does not include time spent in each other’s homes while still maintaining individual residences; or shared accommodation during holidays together. Therefore, you cannot apply under the Partnership category. However, we can facilitate your entry to New Zealand under the Visitor Visa General category.

You must enter New Zealand within three months. This visitor visa allows you to enter and re-enter New Zealand multiple times and allows you to stay in New Zealand for a maximum period of nine months to give you and your partner the opportunity to live together. Should you feel that you have met the requirements for recognition under the Partnership category, you are welcome to apply for another visa through one of our branches in New Zealand.

If you have any comments or questions regarding this, you may communicate them to me thru email or through any one of my contact details below. Should you accept our offer, kindly email me back on or before 14 August 2019 so that we may convert the application.

However, if you decide not to accept this offer, please provide your comments and additional documents to address our above concerns on or before the date specified above."

Why they said we are not living together we submmitted a letter from my partner's employer saying that they paid the airplane ticket of my partnee every two weeks, sent the tenancy contract with both of our name, online purchases and etc.

Excuse me, Lyn, are you live in Manila? And your partner is in Au ? He returns to Manila every two weeks ? Is this the situation?

He has work there. His work is STAY-IN (work in mining) so every two weeks he went home(manila) because that is his week off

Quote Originally Posted by Lyn_2019 View Post
    He has work there. His work is STAY-IN (work in mining) so every two weeks he went home(manila) because that is his week off
    Then how many days he stays in Manila each time ?

Two weeks working.
    One week Off

Im also from Manila, last May my partner work visa was declined too and offered a visit visa instead. My partner is a kiwi and we lived together nearly one year at time of application but still they considered that we are not living together. My partner responded to CO and we send evidences that it is his permanent address and nowhere else. My partner work visa was approved after 3 days. In my opinion, you need to prove that he is not in Manila only for holiday and need to spend more time living there.

After reading your message I am confused... where do you both live? Maybe your Case officer got confused after: 'he works, and he goes and he comes'

I think you should do a letter with attachments, where you explain with a few words where you and your partner live

your residence will be were you both are renting, where you both received mail, where you both received bills...

Your letter could said something like:
    'we have been living together for x months (as per attachment 1 (Tenancy Agreement)Â…. blah blah blah

good luck!

Thank you for you response, yes we emailed the CO last night and explained again our situation. And asked to recheck the evidence we submitted ( 2 LEASE OF CONTRACT WITH OUR BOTH NAME, ONLINE PURCHASES, LETTER FROM HIS EMPLOYER stating that my partner is living in Phil)
    I'm still hoping they will still consider it.

By the way are you in NZ now?

Yes, we emailed them back yesterday saying that.

Hi, Lyn, I would highly recommend you to get a LIA. They would be much more professional to deal with this, especially you have a declined partnership visa history.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast