Thread: Job offer - Requesting for application to be prioritized

Default Job offer - Requesting for application to be prioritized

As mentioned by EGoodhue, INZ have introduced a new email address, which is monitored by Immigration Managers, where applicants can request for their visa application to be prioritized on the basis of
    "—compelling personal circumstances,
    —humanitarian factors, and
    —matters of national interest."

I did apply the SMC with 160 points (offshore without offer) in February 2019. Under the new policy, my case would be the lowest priority and never been selected. Therefore, I am looking for a job in New Zealand. If I can have job offer in New Zealand, could I request for my visa application to be prioritized for job search visa under new policy? Would it be faster than applying work visa by employer?

If you get the offer of a skilled job in New Zealand, the same application you now have in will be considered for residence directly, not a job search visa.

Whether or not it will get priority processing will depend on what job it is - if it meets the criteria INZ are already using (see what EGoodhue has posted on these threads about that recently), or the criteria you mention above.

For years, people overseas who got a job offer in NZ have been applying for a temporary work visa of some kind as well as residence under SMC, because work visas have always been quicker to process than residence (as there is less to be checked).

Getting a job offer unfortunately won't make any difference to how quickly your application is assessed I'm afraid. It will already be in the managed queue, along with over 7,000 other SMC applications, waiting for it's turn to be allocated to an Immigration Officer for assessment (based on whatever criteria INZ choose to allocate at the time). If you happen to get a job offer, send details of it to INZ via courier and it will be added to your application file, but this won't change how quickly your application gets allocated (unless the job is paying above the high remuneration threshold, is for a government department or you have occupational registration in NZ to do the job).