Thread: Changing Contract to a Accredited Employer -- Advice Appreciated

Default Changing Contract to a Accredited Employer -- Advice Appreciated

I work for a healthcare group and I recently learned that except for the head office, which is where I am, the rest of care facilities are under a different company that is on the accredited employer list.

I am not sure if I'll be able to change my contract, but should I ask? My boss has asked me if an accredited employer would help me and I said yes, but the conversation didn't go any further. I'm not very sensitive to office politics so not sure if that indicates a no to my contract question. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Having an accredited employer would have little effect on an application for residence under SMC. Being accredited only means that they have been checked out and recognized as having a regular need to employ skilled foreign workers, so they don't have to prove there are no NZers available to do a job before sponsoring an overseas worker for a temporary (talent - accredited employer) visa (and having this visa is a definite route to residence (the residence from work visa) after holding it for two years). You are already on a different path to residence, with your application under SMC being processed, so an accredited employer wouldn't be an advantage to you, except insofar as they have had to prove that they have good working practices. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/empl...employer/apply

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Having an accredited employer would have little effect on an application for residence under SMC. Being accredited only means that they have been checked out and recognized as having a regular need to employ skilled foreign workers, so they don't have to prove there are no NZers available to do a job before sponsoring an overseas worker for a temporary (talent - accredited employer) visa (and having this visa is a definite route to residence (the residence from work visa) after holding it for two years). You are already on a different path to residence, with your application under SMC being processed, so an accredited employer wouldn't be an advantage to you, except insofar as they have had to prove that they have good working practices. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/empl...employer/apply
    Thank you very much! I was confused the accredited employer with the government agency - I think this is a priority criteria? I'll see if I can transfer my dietitian registration over then, but that won't happen till late November. Hopefully by then I'll be assigned to a CO already. Thank you very much for the clarification and I didn't ask my employer for a sensitive thing that doesn't help at all