Thread: Applying for another essential skill visa

Default Applying for another essential skill visa

Hi,

My current essential skill visa expires Nov and I am applying for another one. My understanding is that this application is still treated as a new application with all relevant supporting documents to be relodged even though the employer is the same . I have no issue with this until my case officer requests my bank statements from all my accounts as proof that my employment is "genuine and sustainable". I have provided CO with tax statements and payslips as part of application documents.

My question is, Do I have to provide the bank statement, and does my CO have any grounds to make such request?

Thanks in advance

Short answer is yes. It's pretty common for CO to request bank statements as part of evidence

Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by tekaleka View Post
    Hi,

My current essential skill visa expires Nov and I am applying for another one. My understanding is that this application is still treated as a new application with all relevant supporting documents to be relodged even though the employer is the same . I have no issue with this until my case officer requests my bank statements from all my accounts as proof that my employment is "genuine and sustainable". I have provided CO with tax statements and payslips as part of application documents.

My question is, Do I have to provide the bank statement, and does my CO have any grounds to make such request?

Thanks in advance
    I think you have to 'thank' dodgy employers for that- people who, on the face, lawfully employed others, but then made their employees pay most of their wages back.
    Whenever systems are abused, those that suffer the consequences are mostly the ones that are genuine.