Thread: SMC Visa-Partnership Information query

Default SMC Visa-Partnership Information query

Hi guys, I need some advice on how to prepare the partnership information:

I received the ITA in July and is now preparing the Partnership Document.
    My husband and I have been married for 8 months and lived together for 2 years.
    However, we are living in his parents' house thus we do not have any tenancy agreement nor utility bills.
    What we have now are only marriage certificate, joint account bank statements for 2 years and car insurance with both names on it.
    Will that be enough to prove our relationship?

To show our relationship is genuine, we have chosen to write a joint letter stating key moments throughout our relationship.
    Should I just show the date or do I have to write a letter with every detail of our relationship? (i.e: what attractions did we go on our trip, how was our wedding, description of the proposal, etc.)
    How detail should I write? Should I write our love story or just a regular letter stating the dates and detail?

Any help clarifying this would be greatly appreciated!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rowena View Post
    Hi guys, I need some advice on how to prepare the partnership information:

I received the ITA in July and is now preparing the Partnership Document.
    My husband and I have been married for 8 months and lived together for 2 years.
    However, we are living in his parents' house thus we do not have any tenancy agreement nor utility bills.
    What we have now are only marriage certificate, joint account bank statements for 2 years and car insurance with both names on it.
    Will that be enough to prove our relationship?

To show our relationship is genuine, we have chosen to write a joint letter stating key moments throughout our relationship.
    Should I just show the date or do I have to write a letter with every detail of our relationship? (i.e: what attractions did we go on our trip, how was our wedding, description of the proposal, etc.)
    How detail should I write? Should I write our love story or just a regular letter stating the dates and detail?

Any help clarifying this would be greatly appreciated!!!
    Hi Rowena,

Living in parents house is common in some culture.
    1) When you add photo evidence, do share photo with family inside the house or celebrating festival together or any family activity or someone visiting you.
    2) Or for photo above, take a print out of photo shared in facebook with comments.
    3) Do you have any letter addressed to you or your partner with common address? That will be useful. Or invoices? My milkman used to give invoice in my name and internet service provider used to give invoice in my partner's name.
    4) The joint letter should explain key moments. Best would be if you can link up those moments with photos you provide. I think immigration asks to limit photo to 6, so I instead included photo in my letter text and printed in A4. Not expected to be like a love letter, unless what you write serves the purpose of convincing the case officer about your relationship.
    5) Also add in your letter how you guys managed your finances, and link that up with bank statement.
    6) A letter from family friend would support your application. You can ask someone like work colleague who knows both of you in person to write a letter for you.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,
    Saumya

Here https://www.google.com/search?source...4dUDCAc&uact=5 are old threads with discussion of partnership evidence and examples of what others have used.