Thread: Main applicant apply SMC Visa & Partner apply working holiday visa?

Default Main applicant apply SMC Visa & Partner apply working holiday visa?

Hi all!

My partner is applying for SMC visa offshore without job offer.
    I'm wondering can I apply for working holiday visa while we are applying for SMC visa?
    Will it affect the outcome of SMC visa?
    Anyone tried this before?

Yes you can apply any temporary visa and it won't affect your partner SMC

There's nothing that I've found in the operations manual, and no evidence that I've seen on this forum, where applying for a temporary visa while an application for a Resident Visa is under consideration would affect the application for the Resident Visa.

However, there is plenty of evidence on this forum where applying for a temporary visa while an application for a Resident Visa is under consideration may adversely affect the application for the temporary visa. In particular, for some types of temporary visa (particularly a Visitor Visa), the application for a Resident Visa affects the requirement under temporary visa instructions to be a "bona fide applicant" (see E5 in the ops manual). There is prior evidence on this forum of people applying for a temporary visa (again, usually a Visitor Visa) while an application for a Resident Visa was under consideration, and being declined due to not being a bona fide applicant for that class of temporary visa. I can't say whether you will meet the bona fide requirement for a Working Holiday Visa (firstly because I don't know, and secondly because even if I did know, I can't legally tell you) and suggest you contact either INZ or a LIA.

Thanks a lot!
    I guess I'll just have to try applying to find that out.

Yes. It's a hard one to guess. The WHV doesn't have the same requirements as a general holiday visa, though - it's obvious that you're allowed (under bona fide) to want to be there and work there for a while at least - so you MIGHT be lucky.