Thread: Explanation needed for non-principal stay period when switch from RV to PR?

Question Explanation needed for non-principal stay period when switch from RV to PR?

Hi, all friends

One question and welcome for comment:

I (principal applicant) and my wife and boy got our residence visa based on SMC less than 2 years ago, with a score of 190(include my wife 20 points) and now it’s time for us to submit application for permanent resident.

During those 2 years, I stayed in NZ all the time for a full employment, but my wife and boy still were mainly in my home country, although they visited me a couple of times(time frame totally about 2 months) and first visit was within the first year so it meets acceptance criteria. My parents were not so well last two years so my wife need to take care of them from time to time.

In the INZ1175 I’m going to submit for OR, there’s one item:
    “A13 Do you live with your partner? Yes or No or Not applicable”.
    Does it mean when I submit this application whether my partner lives with me physically or our relationship is still existed, which is of course true?

The reason why I asked is that I can see all your previous comments have mentioned that non-principle stay time would not affect the result as long as primary applicant fulfill the time requirement, so is there a negative effect that it means live together in a house and I fill NO?

Thank you very much in advance!

So anybody has any idea?

Thanks

Sorry not to have answered before - I've been busy away from my computer, and can't readily look up certain things on my phone.

This is one of those questions that someone in your position could legitimately answer either yes OR no, depending on how they interpret it, as you said yourself. I think in your place, whichever you choose, I would include a covering letter pointing out that you yourself meet the criteria, and that therefore, your partner and child are also entitled to PR, under RV1.20. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/#45650.htm

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Sorry not to have answered before - I've been busy away from my computer, and can't readily look up certain things on my phone.

This is one of those questions that someone in your position could legitimately answer either yes OR no, depending on how they interpret it, as you said yourself. I think in your place, whichever you choose, I would include a covering letter pointing out that you yourself meet the criteria, and that therefore, your partner and child are also entitled to PR, under RV1.20. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/#45650.htm
    Thank you very much, JandM, for your suggestion