Thread: Question regarding Student Visa "funds" section

Default Question regarding Student Visa "funds" section

Hello and Good Day all,

I am wondering if anyone has been in this similar situation before, I am in the midst of applying for the Fee Paying Student Visa, under the funds section it's stated I will need to prove that I have sufficient funds (15k NZD), however I would be staying with my brother who is currently working there on a Work Visa.

Anyone knows how would INZ ask us to provide proof of living expenses in this scenario?

The factsheet section about Funds has this.
    Evidence can include:

proof that you have NZ $15,000 for a full year of study or NZ $1,250 per month that you’ll be in New Zealand
    documents that show your living costs have been paid
    a 'Sponsorship Form for Temporary Entry' completed by an acceptable sponsor
    a completed 'Financial Undertaking for a Student' form.
    (my bolding) And here is the full regulation. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/#43653.htm
    I believe that your brother can write you a letter stating that he will be providing a home for you, so you will not have rent to pay. This used to be acceptable, though it is not specifically mentioned. Or possibly, INZ may require him to complete a Financial Undertaking as mentioned there. You could phone INZ to ask, if nobody on the forum has an answer shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    The factsheet section about Funds has this.
    (my bolding) And here is the full regulation. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/#43653.htm
    I believe that your brother can write you a letter stating that he will be providing a home for you, so you will not have rent to pay. This used to be acceptable, though it is not specifically mentioned. Or possibly, INZ may require him to complete a Financial Undertaking as mentioned there. You could phone INZ to ask, if nobody on the forum has an answer shortly.
    Hi,

The sponsor should ideally have sufficient fund, i.e. $15,000. A regular salary and wage may not be enough.
    The fund should be held for a sufficient period. Bank statement for six month should be submitted.
    I would suggest to confirm with immigration on both above.

Thanks,
    Saumya