Thread: INZ delays with some visas...

Default INZ delays with some visas...

We emailed INZ for an update regarding my partner's work visa which was accepted for processing on 15 April. We still do not have a case officer and the timeline has shifted from 4 months to 5 months for 95% of visas being processed as of 1 August. It's nearing 5 months for us and we still don't think the visa will be processed by then. We asked when we can expect the visa to be assigned to a CO and the response we got is

"we have previously been able to complete 95% of this application type within 5 months of application acceptance (for applications completed in the 3 months to 1 August 2019). We do not have timeframes available for when an application will be allocated to an Immigration Officer"

Does this mean that we might still have to wait another few months even after CO is assigned? I thought the processing time included the time a CO is assigned and the application is completed? Its really hard to be patient when the timeframes keep increasing every month and we are continuously told the new processing time which is different from when we applied.

If the timeframe is based on the last 3 months data then ours should have definitely been completed or just assigned as its been over 3 months for us. Am I interpreting this correctly?

If the visa is not completed after the 5 months do I have a grounds for a complaint?

Also in the reply they included a link to this page which has been added recently to the website:

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/abou...isa-categories

Has anyone else been waiting 4-5 months like we are? Thanks in advance

What visa are you going for?

Unfortunately INZ seem in disarray at the moment. Skilled migrants, partnership and student visas are all taking far longer with processing times blowing out. They are blaming a restructure coinciding with a peak in applications. I've only followed the skilled migrants area but it seemed to be business as usual until around May and they have now started running a priority system that most people aren't too happy about. This has meant those that applied earlier in the year that don't meet their criteria aren't getting a look in and what was a 5 month wait is now looking to be at lest 8 months and counting.

Damn, it's really crazy how bad it's got. I remember my first ES work visa (three years ago) took 3 weeks–my residency took 5 months in 2019. Guess I was lucky!

Applying for Partnership work visa. would they prioritise within those if you're from a "high risk" country?

Any update for partnership work visa applied for in April?