Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Partnership based resident visa online application upload new documents

Default Partnership based resident visa online application upload new documents

I have applied for partnership based residence visa application online by April 2019, If I upload some more documents now will that affect the priority in the queue? I was thinking of adding extra recent proof documents to that application that we collected afterwards. Please let me know.

Not knowing for sure, but I very much doubt it would affect your priority. In fact, given information posted on here on how case officers process applications when the applications are (eventually!) assigned to them, it will probably be in your favour -- with the extra documentation, the case officer may be in a position to make a decision earlier, and not have to request further information from you (and therefore send the application to the bottom of his/her personal rotating queue).

i applied in May, was told it wouldn't affect my position in the queue. but then 4 months on i still heard nothing, while people on here said they applied later and already got their visa. don't know if INZ lied to me or not. although it's not gonna be a surprise if they lied to me given how opposite of transparency they've shown themselves since last year...

Quote Originally Posted by hznry View Post
    i applied in May, was told it wouldn't affect my position in the queue. but then 4 months on i still heard nothing, while people on here said they applied later and already got their visa. don't know if INZ lied to me or not. although it's not gonna be a surprise if they lied to me given how opposite of transparency they've shown themselves since last year...
    I applied 12 May, haven't been uploading extra documents online and also have not had an update - so don't think it makes a difference (at least as far as I can see at the moment). I've been worried that uploading extra documents would push me down the queue, so have just been collecting and scanning further evidence onto my computer until the point they ask for more (if they do ask, considering I've given them 4 years worth of evidence, they'd probably be happy to see the back of me haha)

It could be that we've been allocated to case officers (and don't yet know it) that are experienced and therefore have a larger load, whereas those who applied after us are being assigned to newbies who have less files to focus on and therefore get through more.

It is getting frustrating seeing updates on SMC and Partnership VISITOR visas in the media, but meanwhile, partnership residency has been in the dark for a while even though it's also affected by the changes that have been happening.

I applied for partner residence visa last month. When will I receive a letter from inz that I have to send them my passport?
    Thanks

They may not need to see it at all, if they checked it when your present visa was issued.

Thanks JAndM.

If they do decide that they need to see it, this typically happens once (and if!) a successful decision is made on your application. Instead of having your visa granted at that point, you will receive an "Approved in Principle" letter, which will instruct you to send your passport for verification for your visa to be granted.

I've been uploading documents as the processing has been on-going, mainly because it seems more often that not COs ask for evidence of stable partnership / living together just before a visa is granted. Hopefully, uploading the evidence hasn't somehow dropped me a few places in queue.

Quote Originally Posted by addnbsct View Post
    I've been uploading documents as the processing has been on-going, mainly because it seems more often that not COs ask for evidence of stable partnership / living together just before a visa is granted. Hopefully, uploading the evidence hasn't somehow dropped me a few places in queue.
    Does anyone know if uploading extra docs before CO is assigned actually sets the application back in the queue? :/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast