Thread: Switch from Essential Skills Visa to LTSS Visa?

Default Switch from Essential Skills Visa to LTSS Visa?

Hi all

Is it possible to switch/change our current Essential Skills Work visa to a Long-Term Skills Shortage visa? I'm asking because that would allow us to apply for residency after 2 years, should the SMC residency program fall away (or be severely restricted).

Thanks.

Yes -- provided, of course, that you meet all requirements to be granted a Work Visa under Long Term Skill Shortage List work instructions.

Colleague of mine has done a similar switch, together with his wife. She had an Essential Skills Work Visa, he has a Partner of a Worker Work Visa. We are an accredited employer, so when he was employed by us, he applied for (and was granted) a Work Visa under Talent (Accredited Employers) Work Instructions, and his wife then switched to a Partner of a Worker Work Visa (she wanted to change employers, and this made it easier for her once this Work Visa was granted). This opened up their residency pathway via Work to Residence, as (to the best of my knowledge) they were just short of the 160 points needed for the SMC pathway.

The current instructions to later apply for a Resident Visa this way can be found here.
    Last edited by Kelerei; 28th August 2019 at 05:52 PM.