Thread: when is the date that our applications will be forwarded to allocating case officer?

Default when is the date that our applications will be forwarded to allocating case officer?

Hi, everyone, I have a question about when is the date that our applications will be forwarded to allocating case officer?

I submitted my application on 17th March ( Residence Visa under the Partnership category)
    Received confirming letter on 19th March
    Received another letter from “Northern Documentation Branch” I was asked to provide a correct Australia police check and upload it or a evidence of applying for a police certificate by 28th March.

The letter shows
    “Thank you for your application for Residence Visa under the Partnership category. We received your application on 17 March 2019.

The following information is required for us to determine whether your application meets Immigration Instructions to be approved:
    · Valid original ‘Name and Fingerprint Check’ Police Certificate from Australia that is less than six (6) months old from the date of issue for you and your supporting partner. I note that you have provided a ‘Name Check Only’ Police Certificate from Australia and your partner have provided Australian police certificate issued by Western Australian police; however we require a ‘Name and Fingerprint Check’ Police Certificates from the Australian Federal Police.

If the police certificates were not immediately available, you can provide us with evidence that you and your partner have applied for one. As evidence of applying for a police certificates you should provide the following:
    o Correspondence with the issuing authority confirming the processing both of your police certificates or evidence of confirmed payment for the police certificates, or,
    o Copies of the documentation required for lodging a police certificates (such as completed forms, finger printing, cover letters and/or declarations) and,
    o Evidence of payment or postage of the police certificates.
    o Once you have received the original police certificates, please submit the document together with translation if applicable.

The requested information should be scanned into your online application account by 28 March 2019.

If the requested information is not received by this office by the date given above, your application will be transferred to a processing office to be assessed on the basis of the information provided.

Please note that the deadline to submit the requested information cannot be extended. Your application will be forwarded to the processing branch on 28 March 2019 as per our standard process. If you are unable to submit the requested information by the deadline given above, please upload a letter (request for extension). If the application is allocated to an Immigration Officer and processing starts before we receive requested information, you will be contacted by an Immigration Officer.”

I uploaded “the evidence of applying for it” (Form of required for a police check, finger prints, copy of postage of the parcel to Au and copies of the payment of both police check and parcel) on 28th March, then uploaded the police check on 23rd May.

I THOUGHT my application will be forward to allocating case officer on 28th March, but when I called Call Centre this afternoon, the stuff said my case was forward to allocating case officer on 23rd May. Is that what it is ? Is that correct in my situation ?
    Am I misunderstand the letter ?
    Anyone could help me figure it out ? Sorry for this long post and thanks in advance.

If that’s true, it definitely is a heart breaking news for me.

Everything is all in order.

INZ can't put an application into the queue to be allocated until all the necessary evidence appears to be there and in order - its presence is looked for by clerks upon arrival, but then each piece will be verified by the CO in due course. So you were told what you needed to supply to make your application complete. You sent evidence that you had taken action to acquire the proof required: if you hadn't done that in time, then the case would simply have been rejected for not having the necessary proof, but as you DID, then the file was set aside until the actual proof arrived from you. Once it arrived, then the application was complete, and at that point could join the date-order queue. The Case Officers in the department dealing with this kind of application all have about 100 cases that they work in rotation. Whenever one of them finishes a case, they take another from the front of the queue and it joins their rotating work-load - they send out queries as necessary to verify the evidence, then that case goes to the back while they work on the next, seeing if replies have come and ticking off any requirement they now can, or sending more queries if necessary, and so on with the next and the next. When your file comes round and everything has at last been ticked off, that is when the CO can recommend an outcome, and send it for second-person checking.

I applied 20th of March online , fee deducted same day . *Just 3 days after you* . No single update from them till date . I called on 20august when it was approximately 5months and the kind lady that took my call just said my application is still in queue and that she don't have any idea when it will be allocated.
    If no update I'll ring them up again on 20th of October though I'm hopelessly expecting an update before then .

You are not alone

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Everything is all in order.

INZ can't put an application into the queue to be allocated until all the necessary evidence appears to be there and in order - its presence is looked for by clerks upon arrival, but then each piece will be verified by the CO in due course. So you were told what you needed to supply to make your application complete. You sent evidence that you had taken action to acquire the proof required: if you hadn't done that in time, then the case would simply have been rejected for not having the necessary proof, but as you DID, then the file was set aside until the actual proof arrived from you. Once it arrived, then the application was complete, and at that point could join the date-order queue. The Case Officers in the department dealing with this kind of application all have about 100 cases that they work in rotation. Whenever one of them finishes a case, they take another from the front of the queue and it joins their rotating work-load - they send out queries as necessary to verify the evidence, then that case goes to the back while they work on the next, seeing if replies have come and ticking off any requirement they now can, or sending more queries if necessary, and so on with the next and the next. When your file comes round and everything has at last been ticked off, that is when the CO can recommend an outcome, and send it for second-person checking.
    Hi, JandM, thanks for your detailed explanation, I get what you mean .
    And I also feel much better now, you are really helpful, thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by onyiking View Post
    I applied 20th of March online , fee deducted same day . *Just 3 days after you* . No single update from them till date . I called on 20august when it was approximately 5months and the kind lady that took my call just said my application is still in queue and that she don't have any idea when it will be allocated.
    If no update I'll ring them up again on 20th of October though I'm hopelessly expecting an update before then .

You are not alone
    Onyiking, I just heard from one of my friend who submitted her application around 10th March, she received email from her case officer on 22nd August. A week ago.
    I guess, you would be receive your email soon, hopefully in the following one or two weeks.

Sorry to disappoint, but every case is different, and its path through processing will be different, too. What happens to someone else's application is no sure guide to one's own.