Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Accredited employer visa applications: Recent timelines

Default Accredited employer visa applications: Recent timelines

Hi everyone,

I'm sure this has been asked at some point in the past but I figured I'd bring it up today. I used to read that these applications, providing the documentation was right and that there were no issues, used to take around a month to approve. Now, looking at the Immigration website and hearing the stories about an Immigration reorg, these applications are taking longer to process today.

The Immigration website says 95% of these applications are processed within 69 days. So that seems to be the worse case. I'm just wondering if anyone has any recent experience with accredited employer applications and what could be a 'normal' timeline if all is done properly (BTW, I currently live in Canada).

I guess it would help to know these timelines namely for starting any moving preparations, possible start dates, tax considerations, etc. I suppose if you are given an amount of time to get organized after approval, and if the employer agrees, then not as big of a deal. If anyone has any recent experience to share, would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

My dad applied for that in Mid-April and it took 83 days after providing all the right documentation. We called at the 95% (62 days then), they said they then put a "priority sticker" and it was picked up by a case officer about a week later who worked on it and then asked the doctor about clarification on his medical assessment which took about a week.

My dad's employer said it used to take 1-4 weeks in the past before all the current processing time delays, at the moment I think you'd be lucky to get one within 3 months.

Thanks for sharing. I had heard a couple of years ago, that was the case as you pointed out. Not sure if it's demand, a reorg or cutbacks adding to delays. I guess if it's 3 months, I probably won't be going anywhere until the start of 2020 if the employer can accept that.

Just curious, did your dad apply online or did he do a paper application? Not sure if one is better than the other.

Present problems seem to spring from a combination of the reasons you mention.

The method of application makes no difference.

He applied online from France, it's quicker to get the application lodged and other reasons make it far better. I think it depends which branch it goes to for processing for timeframes but that is something applicants have no say about.

Best to just be upfront with the employer from the start about how long it could take, for everyone's stress level and the reputation of immigrants to NZ employers

Good luck!

Appreciate your insights. Unfortunate that the accredited employer process is supposed to cut down on timelines, and maybe it did once, but it may not be as efficient as before.

Anyways, we'll see what happens. The employer/recruiter seems to think it could range anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months which might happen somewhere in that period but it's possible it could be longer. if it is, hopefully they can accept that, and realistically any approval that might happen after November 1 likely pushes a start date into January 2020.

I applied on 1 August and mine took 11 days to be approved. Be aware that you must enter the country within 3 months of it being approved. I made arrangements with my employer to start around 2.5 months after applying for it so i had a timeframe to work to but I didn't book anything until it was granted.

Thanks for info. Sounds like there is no consistency in the timelines. Could be ultra fast or could take a long time. I heard about the 3 month window after getting approved. Sounds fair, some people might have a lot of loose ends to tie up, others may not have much. I probably need at least 1.5 months to wrap up work, logistics etc. There is no way I will be in NZ at my original start date so that will need to be amended after the visa is hopefully issued. A fast approval, could be there by mid November, a late approval probably gets me into early Jan.

I got in within one week (applying in late June, approved in early July). I guess it depends largely on individual circumstances. For straightforward cases (e.g. no medical issues, degree earned in NZ etc) it should be quite fast. I don’t think the 3 month window applies in every case either. I will only start my employment in Feb next year, my WTR visa was approved in Jul and I only have to travel by late Jan.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippy123 View Post
    I applied on 1 August and mine took 11 days to be approved. Be aware that you must enter the country within 3 months of it being approved. I made arrangements with my employer to start around 2.5 months after applying for it so i had a timeframe to work to but I didn't book anything until it was granted.

Lodged: 12 August
    Approved: 24 August

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast