Thread: Work experience letter testimonials? Were you approved?

Default Work experience letter testimonials? Were you approved?

We are running into some snags with a CO who doesn’t seem to understand the facts of our application, and we may have to revisit our work experience strategy as a backup option.

I’m specifically looking to hear from people who have work experience letters from previous employers, but NOT on company letterhead or from HR. This will not be possible for us as virtually none of the companies still exist.

Did your CO accept the work experience letters? We have tax records and a FEW payslips as backup evidence, but if our CO sticks by his “it has to be signed by HR” stance, that’s a problem. He doesn’t like that these former bosses and managers are also our friends (heaven forbid we have good relationships after leaving companies!) I’m trying to figure out if we just got a particularly inflexible CO...

Thanks in advance!

Some Co are just sticking to the books without taking a holistic view. Your ex company shut down doesn't means ur work experience should go with it. I heard people giving multiple letters plus IRD tax plus payslip to substantiate their work experience. Usually only ur former manager need write letter but in this case u can get ur former manager and some of ur workmates to write a letter as well?

Many on the forum down the years have had their work experience allowed from old companies, with the person giving the supporting letter explaining how they were in a position meaning they knew about the details. When there are tax/financial records too, this CO is being too pernickety.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Many on the forum down the years have had their work experience allowed from old companies, with the person giving the supporting letter explaining how they were in a position meaning they knew about the details. When there are tax/financial records too, this CO is being too pernickety.
    That’s what I suspected, hopefully our advisor can get this straightened out. If anyone else has testimonials, it would still be good to hear if there are trends :-)

Do you have any paperwork, e.g. advertising from the old companies? Is there a website for any, even if now inactive? Can you get details from some official body if the company was registered? (That would be Companies House, in the UK - is there an equivalent for where you were?)

I'm thinking, if you can show details of these companies from external, independent sources, especially if any of it mentioned the names of some of your referees, if you end up having to ask the INZ CO's manager, or a TA, to have a look at your evidence, it will tend to show that the CO is being unreasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Do you have any paperwork, e.g. advertising from the old companies? Is there a website for any, even if now inactive? Can you get details from some official body if the company was registered? (That would be Companies House, in the UK - is there an equivalent for where you were?)

I'm thinking, if you can show details of these companies from external, independent sources, especially if any of it mentioned the names of some of your referees, if you end up having to ask the INZ CO's manager, or a TA, to have a look at your evidence, it will tend to show that the CO is being unreasonable.
    I have gathered some of this and may have to deploy it, good idea about the Companies House, one of the businesses had a UK home office. I’ll see if the US has something similar, thanks!